Hundred Pushups Challenge

Options
cannonsky
cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
Please join me in a hundred pushups challenge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYL8pwzzhcc

http://hundredpushups.com/

Replies

• NitroS1988
    NitroS1988 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    great challenge to take up, am at week 3 at the moment and have almost doubled what i could do at the start! Good luck
  • cannonsky
    Options
    awesome improvement! I did 15 push ups for my initial test.. not too shabby considering this time last year I couldn't do one without my knees on the ground
  • connollyda
    connollyda Posts: 23
    Options
    This sounds AMAZING. Push ups are the one thing I've never been able to do well/many of, I'm doing the test after I post this :D

Has anyone looked into the other programs on the site? 200 Situps, 200 squats, ect?
  • cannonsky
    Options
    I've tried a few of them before... but I was much less serious about fitness then. I want to do those challenges in the future!
  • connollyda
    connollyda Posts: 23
    Options
    Are we using this forum for our check ins? I'm ashamed to say I could manage one 'real' pushup with decent form and eight 'girl' pushups. I'm so excited to see results!!! Question though, If I'm starting 30DS, should I do another exercise for the pushups in that program? I was looking over the 100 pushup site and it is VERY specific about taking a rest day and following the program. Just wondering if anyone had thoughts on this....
  • kwd47
    kwd47 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Absolutely take the rests. You will not be able to follow the program WITHOUT the rest days.
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    challange accepted brb...
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    this challenge is great!! i did it last spring... i started at 10 good form/regular/guy consecutive push ups & ended the program at 75!! i built a lot of upper body strength!! now i'm doing the 366 day push up challenge (1 push up for every day of the year... today is 127 push ups) good luck to you all :drinker:
  • cannonsky
    Options
    If you are taking the challenge just friend request me and msg me your initial test results! I'm going to keep track with and post results for everyone weekly with a video/MFP blog!

As far as doing the challenge along side 30DS... you could either alternate days... or if you are doing 30DS everyday... do your push up challenge either first thing in the morning.. or right before you go to sleep.
  • cannonsky
    Options
    this challenge is great!! i did it last spring... i started at 10 good form/regular/guy consecutive push ups & ended the program at 75!! i built a lot of upper body strength!! now i'm doing the 366 day push up challenge (1 push up for every day of the year... today is 127 push ups) good luck to you all :drinker:

I LOVE that idea... I might have to try that sometime :)
  • ChubbyStudent25
    Options
    This sounds AMAZING. Push ups are the one thing I've never been able to do well/many of, I'm doing the test after I post this :D

Has anyone looked into the other programs on the site? 200 Situps, 200 squats, ect?

I'm doing all three. Just started this week. For my initial test I did 20 push ups and 60 squats but couldn't do more than 15 sit ups lol. Not surprised I hate doing ab exercises.
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    challange complete :P
  • morninglilli
    morninglilli Posts: 194
    Options
    My husband and I both will take e challenge! I am at level 2 and he is at 4. Super stoked!!!!!!
  • cannonsky
    Options
    I'm very excited about the interest in this challenge! I started a group to keep track. Let me know if you want an invite!