Help with a crazy sweet tooth

Options
2»

Replies

• thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Try flavored water. Some of them have zero or very few calories. I find that they fill me up and satisfy that urge.
  • Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to not be the only one with sugar/chocolate addiction. One sugary item sets off a binge, then I can hear the voice in my head saying, 'There's not enough sugar in the WORLD to satisfy this'. Jeez! That's what got me into this predicament. I must avoid it.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Small portions of GOOD dark chocolate tend to satisfy me fairly well. Valor, Dagoba, Lindt, all have tasty flavored dark chocolate bars. 2 square for less than 100 calories...
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Two words, dark chocolate. 1 or 2 pieces will do it for the sweet craving and it has plenty of health benefits.
  • Clarimusic00
    Clarimusic00 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you like ice cream but I LOVE skinny cow ice cream. Very yummy and reasonably low on calories/fat/sugar.
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This might sound completely insane, but if you need something sweet with very little calories try Crystal Light Energy in Strawberry. They're those little skinny packets of powdered flavoring you add to water, and this particular spin off (the 'Energy' ones) are suppose to be quite caffeinated and boast no sugar but has a very sweet intense flavor. So much so that half a packet for me is more then enough. I am not kidding on how sweet and candy-like this can taste. Each full packet is only 5 calories as well.

Seriously though. This stuff is sweet, really sweet, almost TOO sweet for me!
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I swear nothing helps me actually beat my sweet tooth cravings, especially for chocolate. If I try to eat something instead, a healthier option, I usually end up feeling unsatisfied and sometimes eating more because of it. I am now trying to just learn regular self control. It is so hard. I get headaches and all I want is chocolate/sugar. It is harder to control/reduce my chocolate intake than it was to quit smoking. Seriously!
  • mellisaweldon
    Options
    Small portions of GOOD dark chocolate tend to satisfy me fairly well. Valor, Dagoba, Lindt, all have tasty flavored dark chocolate bars. 2 square for less than 100 calories...

i agree so very mush. i dont know about the valor or dagoba, never heard of it, and my mom had a candy store that i used to help her with alot. lindt was a constant in the store though, and just plain hersheys too. my fave of all time= hersheys dark chocolate. the king size!!!! i always break it into all the pieces that it suggest first, and then only have four or five pieces, depending on the craving size. and this is coming from someone who is so addicted to chocolate that if there was a rehab, id have been committed plenty of times. if you can get away with just that little amount, and not binge, go for it, but you have to be able to make yourself stop after those pieces. if it helps, get someone to watch you eat it, and have them take it away from you afterwards, lol. also, dark chocolate is the best healthy-wise too, because it has less milk, therefor less fat and calories, plus its almost pure cocoa which is chalk full of endorphins, and everyone knows those make you happy, too. plus the caffiene usually not just helps my headaches, but solves them, lol.
  • MA3804
    MA3804 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Glad to know I'm not the only one with a sweeto tooth! I think I could live off sweets. I have heard that Ginger helps with weight loss so I am trying ginger snap cookies. I just get 5 out and put the bag up high so not to eat the whole bag. Seems to help so far, not sure it may just be a concidence.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I have a terrible sweet tooth, and when I want something sweet, I reach for fruit. It was hard at first, but it's really helped me reign in my sugar cravings, and now I can satisfy my cravings with less sugar.
  • Doreykn
    Doreykn Posts: 4
    Options
    Atkins protein bars are GREAT & so tasty... I love them.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    healthy granola bars with chocolate? i like this trader joes rolled oats one, it tastes just like a candy bar :) or make some homemade frozen yoghurt using greek yoghurt! super high protein :D

You will need:
    1 cup of Greek yogurt (fat free)
    1 scoop of chocolate whey protein
    Stevia
    Unsweetend cocoa

Nutritional breakdown:
    Calories: 280
    Protein: 48 grams
    Fat: 1 gram (varied on how much is in your protein powder)
    Sugar: 4 grams (varied by how much sugar is in your yogurt & protein powder)
    Carbohyrates: 11 grams (also, varied by how much sugar is in your yogurt & protein powder)
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    check out Dashingdish.com for some dessert ideas.

I made a banana shake the other day that was delicous, huge and less than 150 calories

1 banana
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1-2 Tbsp of Jello sugar-free pudding mix (the dry powder)
    ice

pour all into blender and enjoy :)
  • cycleholic
    cycleholic Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Cheerios are awesome!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    From one Tuba player to another--- had to fit that in... Fruit is a great substitute... The headaches may also be related to chocolate/sugar withdrawals... In that case, consuming a small amount to ease through that period may be in order until you get off of it again. A little sugar is not horrible... I actually do meal bar substitutes and such for breakfast (because of my schedule) and it helps with my sweet tooth a bit... AND has some nutritional value as well...

As far as the tuba... keep it loud and keep it proud... We Tubists have to stick together!:happy: