EVERYONE NOTICED!

Options
How much weight did you lose before people started noticing? There was a point for me around 17 lbs when suddenly it went from no one noticed to everyone noticed! It did help me to keep going once I started getting compliments I must say!

Replies

• vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Me too... Right around the 15-17 lb mark!
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    5 lbs but it was all off my stomach and I like to wear tight-ish shirts and I'm exercising a whole lot.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Around 15 lbs for me--Now that I'm past 20, someone comments almost daily, and it feels amazing!!
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    People tend to notice almost immediately with me within 5-10 lbs despite being very tall. I would say, sometimes people notice but won't say anything especially if they are not close to you.
  • busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    It was around that 17 lb. mark for me too. Congrats, it will help you to keep going :-)
  • davecreed
    davecreed Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me to answer that since I wore baggy sweatshirts all year long even after I list the weight lol but people usually noticed my face getting leaner and that was maybe after 20lbs of weight loss?
  • rachaeldab
    rachaeldab Posts: 11
    Options
    To be honest, not a lot of people have said anything to me. My dad said he could tell in my face because it's getting thinner and my in-laws said they noticed in my neck/upper chest area (this is also where it is most noticeable to me as well). I go into work everyday expecting someone there to say something but I think that because I have a significant amount of weight to lose, it's not entirely noticeable yet.

However, what matters to me most is that I NOTICE. I notice when I put on shirts that fit snuggly before and now fit a lot looser. I notice because most of my pants are almost too BIG. I can't wait for the day that my pants are way too big. I can't wait for the day when I can go to the mall and buy clothes in any store EXCEPT for the plus size stores. That will be my biggest victory!
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    honestly other than my husband and some family only one guy from work has said anything and i'm at 35lbs lost ! but that makes no diff to me because I am doing this for me nnot everyone else. it's nice to get noticed but i don't rely on it for a confidence boost
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    It was right around 15 lbs for me when people first started saying anything. But everyone in my dept at work knew I was trying to lose because we were all in a Biggest Loser contest together (which I ended up winning). When I hit 25 lbs loss, more people in the office outside of my dept started asking me if I'd lost weight and telling me how nice I look. Now, I get comments everyday from a lot of people.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    down 40 so far, 20 here on mfp, and around the 20 pound mark my first person said something, a woman i work with. then about a week ago i was able to dress a bit more casual at work and three people said something. that was around the 35 pound mark. then just yesterday a woman i don't particularly care for said how much better i looked, that i, "was always handsome, but now, my gosh!"

keep up the good work!
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    For me, it wasn't until I hit the 30lb mark. And, to be fair, I broadcast that accomplishment all over my facebook page, lol. Otherwise it's only the people who know me/know that I'm losing weight who comment.
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    right at the 20lb mark. Now its pretty much everyday and it feels really good.
  • QuintinV
    QuintinV Posts: 28
    Options
    Around the 17lbs mark... and it is such a motivator ~ feels great!
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    it was 20 lbs for me ... it took me more than 4 mos so it has been exciting to hear someone say wow ....
  • aibell
    aibell Posts: 25
    Options
    It happened this week, right around 15lbs lost. My boyfriend and co-workers began to point out where/that they saw me losing weight, and one of my friends at work even remarked "you know, it's a b*tchy thing to do, coming to work losin' weight." :D:D

I can't visibly see any diference in myself when I look in the mirror, but I can tell my clothes are fitting more loosely. I'm looking forward to when I can really SEE the difference.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Haha people are just now starting to say something. Guess it varies for everyone.
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    around the 50lb mark. That's when i also noticed the change in my body, clothes etc...
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Right around 25 lbs, I think.

It makes me feel just a little uncomfortable, but I'm working on the emotional aspects of my size now, so I'm learning to expect - and accept - the uncomfortable feelings, and just let it go.
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring!

18 mos ago I lost a total of 35 ... I got lots of compliments around the 20# mark. Then I gained it all back ....:grumble:

Now I am heading in the right direction again. I was at 13# when a friend I used to work with every day (but hadn't seen for 1 month) noticed. Today I hit my first 15# goal ... so just 5 more pounds and I bet I will be like most of you who say friends notice around 20#. Motivating! :happy:
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Its always a great motivation when you start getting the looks and the compliments. Congrats! ;D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!