Zumba alert

Options
Hey all,

I am from Danville, Kentucky, and I wanted to make it known to anyone out there, that Zumba is an awesome FUN FUN work out. It is the best hour of physical activity I have ever participated in. It is a latin type dancing that works up a drenching sweat. Check it out on youtube. It is awesome. For all you gym goers, mention it, maybe someone could learn the routines and start a class.

13 pounds so far......

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I thoroughly agree. They only have it one night a week at my gym and the class is PACKED. If I've been slacking from the gym after a "bad" weekend, this is the one class that will jump start me again because there's no pressure, no pain, and alot of fun. Thanks for posting!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is just like going out dancing but not worry about getting your clothes all sweaty. :laugh: :laugh: Last Friday I went to a 2hr Zumbathon. We had three instructors, it was great!! I am thinking about getting certified to teach. There are not that very many Zumba classes in town, especially in my area, that you can attend without being a member of a gym. And I know there are so many people out there that would benefit from taking a class like this. ZUMBA!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Another thumbs up for Zumba - it is so much fun! I do haev a few friends who really don't enjoy it, but I have a hard time understanding how.

That definitely burns calories.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I live in rural hick ville and there are no Zumba classes in a 50 mile radius............

That makes me want to get certified and open a studio!!!
  • jbunzsno
    jbunzsno Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I want to do Zumba!!! I just looked it up on youtube and it looks like SOOO much FUN!! Have any of you tried the DVDs? How are they compared to going to the actual class? I have a baby so it isn't always easy for me to go to a class, so I was thinking of getting the DVDs.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    I want to do Zumba!!! I just looked it up on youtube and it looks like SOOO much FUN!! Have any of you tried the DVDs? How are they compared to going to the actual class? I have a baby so it isn't always easy for me to go to a class, so I was thinking of getting the DVDs.

I agree. I want to try the DVD's too. There are not any places here that just offer the class and I would love to try this workout. I havent' seen the DVDs in the stores, are they online only??
  • jbunzsno
    Options

I agree. I want to try the DVD's too. There are not any places here that just offer the class and I would love to try this workout. I havent' seen the DVDs in the stores, are they online only??

I have only seen them online and on infomercials, but I haven't ever looked in the store for them.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I dont think they are sold in stores. :flowerforyou:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    I dont think they are sold in stores. :flowerforyou:

That stinks!! I'll try and find them at overstock.com they have a lot of stuff there.
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    They offer Zumba at the Y near my house. I love that class!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    I ordered the 4 DVD set from some warehouse in Toronto, Ontario ... Apparently I got the last set there but they'll most likely be getting more. I've been looking for a while ... I'm so excited!! The website was called shopnorthern.com and it cost me ... $19.95 + $4.95 (shipping & handling) + $3.24 (taxes) for a Total Paid: $28.14 in Canadian funds. I got an e-mail confirmation from Canada Post today verifying that it's en route to my house ... I should get it tomorrow or Friday ... I'm soooooo excited. I am so much so looking forward to moving to the groove ... YAY!!!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I'm not one to dance in front of others... unless alcohol is involved :laugh: :blushing: But other than that, I'd love to try it! Too shy I guess :ohwell:
  • magglett
    Options
    I got it ... I got it ... I got it!! My new DVD set was in my mailbox when I got home yesterday. I went through the beginner instructional dvd right away and tried out the moves. It was fun. It only lasted about 20 minutes or so. But I did work up a bit of a sweat. The instructions are slow at first then they speed it up. It really helped me to understand what I'm doing. Unfortunately I didn't have time to try out any more, I had to go out for a jet boat ride then a bbq so I had to wait 'til today. I'll have to get some work done first and then I'll Zumba some fat away later. I just wanted to let you know that the package arrived and I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Take care of you ... bye for now.

:heart: Maggie
  • jbunzsno
    Options
    Let us know how it goes magglett....I am seriously considering buying these..
    Thanks!
  • magglett
    Options
    So as I said before ... I did get the Zumba DVD set delivered to my home:happy: I just this minute finished the #2 DVD. What a fun awesome workout. My husband doesn't even mind me taking over the living room to do this workout (with the cute chikitas in the class for him to watch).:laugh: I love it and I still have two more DVDs to check out. I think I would like to try an actual Zumba class too ... I bet that atmosphere is awesome. Anyway ... there's my Zumba update for now.