Cellulite...help!

Options
kelleymj
kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
I have lost 4 lbs. since joining MFP...I had lost 12 lbs. before joining! My current weight is 147 lbs. I am 5'6". My goal weight is 130 lbs. My question to all of you is...is it true that there is nothing you can do to get rid of cellulite? If something has worked for you, could you please share (post pics if you would like)...thank you!

Replies

• DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Strength training. Heavy. :happy:

11pounds.jpg

I wish I had a TRUE before picture, since I was already down about 20 pounds in the first pic, and was already happy with the reduction of cellulite. Just not as happy as I am now.
  • ArtemisMoon
    ArtemisMoon Posts: 144
    Options
    That is a great series of pics! Thanks for posting those, it is so easy to get worried about how you'll look when the weight comes off, but people on this site have given me evidence that life after weight loss does not have to be a flabby, sorry existence! :)
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Even slender folks have cellulite. It's a body change most lady folk have when hitting puberty, for a more detailed explanation:
    Cellulite is a topographic skin change that occurs in most postpubertal females.[1] It presents as a modification of skin topography evident by skin dimpling and nodularity that occurs mainly in women on the pelvic region, lower limbs, and abdomen, and is caused by the herniation of subcutaneous fat within fibrous connective tissue, leading to a padded or orange peel–like appearance.

Some women will use coffee grounds spread on their thighs to try and reduce the appearance, some use a firming cream. Having slightly tanned skin will help reduce the appearance of things like stretchmarks and cellulite, I like the Jergins natural glow firming moisturizer for a really gradual and natural looking tan that builds on slowly each day. But as a whole, that's simply what the body looks like!
  • kelleymj
    Options
    Strength training. Heavy. :happy:

11pounds.jpg

I wish I had a TRUE before picture, since I was already down about 20 pounds in the first pic, and was already happy with the reduction of cellulite. Just not as happy as I am now.

Wow!!! amazing! I have been doing cardio! I eat very healthy! I get disgusted when I look at myself naked...but you give me hope. Can you tell me what your routine is like? Thank you!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I still see dimplage in the mirror, but I blame the horrid lighting in my bathroom. And Kohl's dressing room... I swear I gain 20 pounds in their mirrors!

Many will recommend the book New Rules of Lifting for Women, and judging by the results I've seen from my friends, it's great. My gym sucks, though, and doesn't have barbells, so I'm stuck using the machines instead. I do three sets of 8 of pretty much all the machines, sometimes splitting it into upper and lower body, sometimes a longer full body workout, two or three times a week.

I still do cardio, because I love running, about three times a week, but weights made great changes.
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I would say strength training, all compound exercises with weights. Muscle will get rid of fat, and cellulite is very fatty tissue.
  • kelleymj
    Options
    Thank you for your posts!! I guess I better hit the weights! I would love to put on a bathing suit and not feel self conscious! Thanks again!
  • ursenia
    ursenia Posts: 3
    Options
    Bump
  • sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Nivea makes a "Goodbye Cellulite" cream that I have been using that I think is helping. Of course I am also loosing weight so who knows but you might give it a try.
  • kelleymj
    Options
    Nivea makes a "Goodbye Cellulite" cream that I have been using that I think is helping. Of course I am also loosing weight so who knows but you might give it a try.

Thank you! will give it a try!
  • kelleymj
    Options
    I would say strength training, all compound exercises with weights. Muscle will get rid of fat, and cellulite is very fatty tissue.
    thank you....good to know that there maybe a solution! I am quite happy with my clothes on....just want to be able to put on a bathing suit and feel good!
  • kelleymj
    Options
    I still see dimplage in the mirror, but I blame the horrid lighting in my bathroom. And Kohl's dressing room... I swear I gain 20 pounds in their mirrors!

Many will recommend the book New Rules of Lifting for Women, and judging by the results I've seen from my friends, it's great. My gym sucks, though, and doesn't have barbells, so I'm stuck using the machines instead. I do three sets of 8 of pretty much all the machines, sometimes splitting it into upper and lower body, sometimes a longer full body workout, two or three times a week.

I still do cardio, because I love running, about three times a week, but weights made great changes.

Thank you! I see dimplage everywhere! My fiance says I have a gorgeous body...but I don't see it...due to the "dimples"! Hitting the weights...thanks again!
  • finallyFIT_ForMe
    Options
    wow, you look great. Gives me hope.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    There's a product called The Ultimate Body Applicator that can be applied to any troublesome area on the body for tightening, toning and firming. It's infused with natural, herbal ingredients and has great results in 45 minutes. Of course it's no substitute for proper diet and exercise, just a nice assist. Results are both immediate and progressive.

P1080299-1.jpg
    Before

P1080323-1.jpg
    After

P1080680-1.jpg
  • kelleymj
    Options
    There's a product called The Ultimate Body Applicator that can be applied to any troublesome area on the body for tightening, toning and firming. It's infused with natural, herbal ingredients and has great results in 45 minutes.
    P1080299-1.jpg
    Before
    P1080323-1.jpg
    After
    I'll have to try it! Thank you!
  • tanyaleblanc
    Options
    There's a product called The Ultimate Body Applicator that can be applied to any troublesome area on the body for tightening, toning and firming. It's infused with natural, herbal ingredients and has great results in 45 minutes. Of course it's no substitute for proper diet and exercise, just a nice assist. Results are both immediate and progressive.

P1080299-1.jpg
    Before

P1080323-1.jpg
    After

P1080680-1.jpg

Whats the difference between the two pics, the first one is darker than the other, that's all I can see
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I had cellulite on my upper arms, mid section and thighs at my heaviest.

16lbs later, all the cellulite is gone except my legs.

A lot of the cellulite creams have caffeine in them. I've tried using coffee grinds in moisturizer and massaged my legs for 15mins. It only works on appearance and it's temporary.
  • bikerchick567
    bikerchick567 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Weight training is definitely key! I do a "cross fit" type of workout and have seen amazing changes in my body. I previously used machines at the gym, bench pressed, did squats, swam, ran, and biked; however, since doing a more intense interval type of weight workout I am definitely stronger and actually see my abs (though diet plays a big role in that.) I have fewer injuries because my muscles are in better balance. The cellulite definitely looks better . . . though not yet gone. . .
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Tanya - the first one shows a more unfortunate pot belly than the 2nd but the picture cut off and I can't make it show up right! Tried re-sizing but it's not working. If you saw the whole picture you'd see the "donut" around the belly button is significantly smaller in the 2nd. :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!