Eating more to lose weight.

Options
2»

Replies

• InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies.

I upped them to 1803. I have a good feeling about this! Wish me luck :-)
  • Lovesummer3473
    Lovesummer3473 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    MFP saying I should be in the 1480 range to lose 1lb a week, when I exercise I wear a heart rate monitor and my 1 hour weightlifting class I burn around 450 calories. So that bumps me into the 1800 range. But from what I'm reading people are saying they are already in the 1800 range and loosing. Is that including your exercise calories or no? I've been stuck for over a year and really frustrated. Haven't been consisitantly tracking calories out of frustration but just looking to lose 15 or 20lb's before I hit the big 40. Thanks for any help :)
  • Lovesummer3473
    Lovesummer3473 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what you were at and what you bumped it up to calorie range? I've been struggling for about a year now? I'm 5.4 153.4lb's and 39 would really like to see 15 or 20 gone before I'm 40 :)
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I've always eaten back exercised calories and it works for me, BUT this week I'm seeing what happens if I don't.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I stalled out after losing 22kgs. On the 30th April I upped my cals from 1400 to 1700 I gained 1.1kg in the first week. I too am hoping this is going to work.

Good luck with it.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I am using the fit2fat method, no cut. I just eat at my goal weight and goal body fat %. This increased my calories from 1800 to 2800. Thats a very large change. I'm about a week in and have gained 2.5 lbs. but, I think it's ok. That's part of the process. The interesting thing is how much energy I have and how happy I am. I think I was starving my body all the time for a long time, and that really is taxing on your body, and can have far reaching effects in other aects, like your mood and how you feel. If the calorie amount is correct, you can see how I was starving my body.

It's going to be funny if this works and also kind of sad because of how people are starving hems elves to death to lose weight and that's not necessary. Time will tell. I'm giving it 3 months for results. If I don't see results after 3 months, my plan is to do more research and see if I need to increase or decrease my cals and make very slow and deliberate adjustments.

Seriously, if I can eat like this and lose body fat and weight, I'm really a happy camper.
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bump