Master Your Metabolism

Nlongenecker
Nlongenecker Posts: 765
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone read this book by Jillian Michaels? If so, what did you think? Was it helpful? Thinking of buying it, just thought I'd get your input 1st.

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I have it and love it!
  • Nlongenecker
    I have it and love it!

Did you find it useful and the way of eating beneficial?
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
    I'm about halfway through it. I like it for the most part. There is a TON of information in it, some of which is kind of complicated. However, the basis is eating clean and organic. She also tells you to watch out for other dangers to your hormones, such as packaging containers and other things. I have it checked out from the library. If I decide at the end that I really like it, I might buy it.
  • Nlongenecker
    So, I just got this book in the mail today and had it read in 2.5 hours! I highly recommend it for anyone that is doing all the right things and not losing. Anyone that knows me on this site knows I have really been struggling. I have been counting calories, exercising, drinking water...the whole nine yards since January and lost only 5 lbs! I did find out that I have hypothyroidism and started a Rx in April. But reading the words in this book sounded so familiar to what I've been experiencing. You can be counting calories 24-7, but this book explains that if its not the right foods and you're doing other things to hinder good hormone health, you could be sabatoging your efforts. Great Book!!
  • intersting...I have 2 of Jillian's books but haven't heard of this one...I'll have to check it out :noway:

Nlongenecker do you mind if I add you as a friend so I can ask you in a few weeks how you are getting on with this book? I'm having metabolism issues myself.
This discussion has been closed.