Prostate cancer support vs breast cancer support

Options
If it's apropos to wear "I Love Boobies" in support of Breast Cancer Awareness...
Why don't we wear "I Love Balls... or Testicles" in support of Prostate Cancer Awareness?

Replies

• dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    anatomy 101
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    You could've made a really good thread if only you had done a little bit of research...
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    How about because the prostate is not in the testicles??

Now if it was in support of testicular cancer then yes that would be awesome!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    prostategland2.jpg
  • thatblueyedchic
    thatblueyedchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If you wanted to show support for TESTICULAR cancer patients, I think a shirt like that would be funny and cute.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Ummmm.....maybe it is because the testicles and the prostate are two entirely different organs!! The prostate is INSIDE a man's body, the testicles are on the OUTSIDE of a man's body. Anatomy 101...
  • Losing2Live69
    Options
    prostategland2.jpg

Thanks for posting this pic!! I wanted to post one, but don't remember how. Yeppers...they are two different organs!! Who wouldda thunk it?? :laugh:

Note though...men do get testicular cancer and should do monthly checks just like women are supposed to do. However...the doc has to check a prostate!!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    although the adventurous partner could try a good root around trying to locate it.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    The thing is men have alot higher chance of getting prostate cancer than women do getting breast cancer but you never hear anything promoting prostate cancer awareness. Heck even the players of the NFL wear pink for an enitre month for breast cancer awareness month but there wouldn't be an NFL if it wasn't for male fans.
  • maikastar
    maikastar Posts: 78
    Options
    I understand that, but think about how long women had to lobby to get the whole breast cancer awareness process thing happening.

Bring in equivalent amounts of lobbying for prostate cancer and the same thing will happen.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    The thing is men have alot higher chance of getting prostate cancer than women do getting breast cancer but you never hear anything promoting prostate cancer awareness. Heck even the players of the NFL wear pink for an enitre month for breast cancer awareness month but there wouldn't be an NFL if it wasn't for male fans.

so get up and fix that. or are you waiting for the women to do it for you?
  • FlyeredUp
    Options
    I understand that, but think about how long women had to lobby to get the whole breast cancer awareness process thing happening.

Bring in equivalent amounts of lobbying for prostate cancer and the same thing will happen.
    Dont get me wrong I think breast cancer deserves every bit of the attention that it gets and even more, but men will never lobby for prostate cancer awareness because many of us won't even take the time to get a prostate exam.
  • FlyeredUp
    Options

so get up and fix that. or are you waiting for the women to do it for you?
    Nope not waiting for women to do it because they would be wasting their time and energy if they did.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to point out that the prostate is not an organ, the prostate is a gland. CBS has started running ads for getting you prostate checked on their on demand channel. It always makes me chuckle a little because the doctor says he has performed something like 1437 and a half prostate exams . . . I don't even want to think about how you accomplish half an exam. And then the hubs and I spend the rest of the evening singing moon river.
    It's serious business and I'd totally wear a gland Tee shirt in support of prostate cancer awareness month. however, the prostate is not the teaticles.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    although the adventurous partner could try a good root around trying to locate it.
    It's good to have a hobby. :smile:
  • MarySunshine70
    Options
    prostategland2.jpg

Thanks for posting this pic!! I wanted to post one, but don't remember how. Yeppers...they are two different organs!! Who wouldda thunk it?? :laugh:

Note though...men do get testicular cancer and should do monthly checks just like women are supposed to do. However...the doc has to check a prostate!!
    Yep... here's a picture of me...http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/harmonylynnpage/dumbass.jpg http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/harmonylynnpage/dumbass.jpg

Only cause I couldn't find an image for "HUGE DUMBASS"
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Men don't usually die from it. It's one of the more curable and manageable cancers.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Men don't usually die from it. It's one of the more curable and manageable cancers.

Just came here to say that. All cancers should be in the spotlight, but prostate cancer usually grows very slowly.
  • Losing2Live69
    Options
    Just wanted to point out that the prostate is not an organ, the prostate is a gland. CBS has started running ads for getting you prostate checked on their on demand channel. It always makes me chuckle a little because the doctor says he has performed something like 1437 and a half prostate exams . . . I don't even want to think about how you accomplish half an exam. And then the hubs and I spend the rest of the evening singing moon river.
    It's serious business and I'd totally wear a gland Tee shirt in support of prostate cancer awareness month. however, the prostate is not the teaticles.

Thank you for pointing out that the prostate is a gland and not an organ. I think I will sleep much better at night knowing that information. Also, I have a question....what are "teaticles"? Just wondering.
  • Losing2Live69
    Options
    prostategland2.jpg

Yep... here's a picture of me...http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/harmonylynnpage/dumbass.jpg http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/harmonylynnpage/dumbass.jpg

Only cause I couldn't find an image for "HUGE DUMBASS"

I tried to access that link. It said no page found.