New and nervous.

Options
Hey folks.
I feel kind of weird calling myself a newb. I'm new to this site...but I'm not new to crazy fad diets, not eating bread, eating only bread, drinking only juice, weight loss cookies, shakes, videos, blah blah blah.
I'm turning 30 in October. I'm not freaked out about it, at least not yet, but I'm hoping to get a good jump start on my weight loss by then.
I'm 5'2''. As of five minutes ago, I weighed 211.4lbs.

And I'm really scared. Maybe that's stupid to admit. But I've been fat for a LONG time. I can't remember what it felt like to like how I looked, and changing my habits kind of freaks me out. More than "kind of". It does freak me out.

A good friend of mine is on this site, and she's been really encouraging, as are my other friends, but if there's anyone out there who has been where I am, tell me it gets less scary! And daunting. Or, if it doesn't, tell me it doesn't.

Arg. I'm nervous even writing this. Anyway. Feel free to add me, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Have a great day!

K (Lady_Pieface)

Replies

• ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Don't be nervous! This site is awesome, people are totally friendly and there is a lot of great info to do this the RIGHT way. It does get less scary, and more manageable. You're on the right track, girlie.
  • dfair1967
    dfair1967 Posts: 91
    Options
    Welcome to the site. If you are in need of support in your weight loss journey feel free to add me.