I'm new to this :)

Options
YoshiZelda
YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
Hello everyone, I am new here. Also knew to the whole "dieting" thing. I joined 2 days ago, have been on a diet for 3-4 days and have already lost 2 pounds! Could anyone give me any tips on working out? I weigh 297, have a disorder called "Lazy stomach" so it's hard to work out as I get stomach pain.
Also, I could use some friends for encouragement! and I would bring you some too! :) Add me?

Replies

• SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to add you. Welcome to MFP!
  • zhanaolivia
    zhanaolivia Posts: 65
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am new here. Also knew to the whole "dieting" thing. I joined 2 days ago, have been on a diet for 3-4 days and have already lost 2 pounds! Could anyone give me any tips on working out? I weigh 297, have a disorder called "Lazy stomach" so it's hard to work out as I get stomach pain.
    Also, I could use some friends for encouragement! and I would bring you some too! :) Add me?

Well done on taking the first step to changing your lifestyle! Personally, I found that when I made the first switch to being healthy I lost 2 kgs in the first week! I was very excited, but it's just due to your body adjusting - losing water, no bloating, eating smaller portions at once. It's not as easy after that.
    However, once you get your calorie intakes personalised properly and you exercise well, the weight should come right off. It's a balancing game.
    I had to do a little bit (a very little bit, mind you) of research into your Lazy Stomach disorder. It seems to be when your stomach doesn't empty as quickly as it should, which leads to bloating and pain.
    Stomachs are most active in the morning, and they slow down towards the end of the day. In your case, it's already slow. I suggest eating a number of smaller meals a day, beginning early and finishing with a very very small meal at a strict time a few hours before you sleep (eg, 7pm have a piece of bread, or a pot of yoghurt).
    If possible, maybe do a few small workouts a day if working out for too long hurts. For example, a quick run on the treadmill until it hurts, then rest, and repeat. Otherwise, low intensity workouts over a longer period of time would be preferable. Such as long walks with the dog.
    Getting your stomach disorder dealt with is probably your first step to being able to work out ot your full ability, though.

I'd love to be your MFP - it's great to have a large network of like-minded supporters!
    Good luck with all of your endeavours!
  • armoredcore
    armoredcore Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome,Don't worry you are surrounded by alot of people with similar goals. I'm new here too, except my goal is opposite. Feel free to add me. Help any way I can.
  • prettycollie
    prettycollie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi love! I'm Nikki and if you're looking for some strong positive support and someone who is extremely blunt and will tell it how it is than HMU I am here for you all. :smile:
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone ! :)