I have been here.....

Options
MOMOFTWO29
MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
for 6 months. I am so proud of myself because the longest I have ever done this kind of thing is maybe a month. I am not saying that I have been perfect with this and that I have ate perfect and always made the healthest food choices, but I am always going right back to it and for that I am so proud of myself b/c I have never done that before starting here at MFP. I know that most of you have read my story but I thought I would share it again b/c there are so many new people on here. So here is my story:

I have been overweight since I was in middle school and right on into high school and into my adult life. I weighed about 215 when I married my hubby in April of 2003, then in September of 2004 I got pregnant with my daughter Anna, and I gained like 50 or 60 pounds during my pregnancy, I didn't even try to lose any weight after I gave birth to her. In October of 2006 I got pregnant with my son Jacob, I only gained 18 pounds with that pregnancy. I lost like 20 pounds after he was born but got discouraged and gained it all back, and maybe some more. I have tried diet pills when I was like 20, but all they did for me was make my heart race and make me jittery and the weight I lost with them I gained back once I went off of the pills. I have tried like 4 or 5 times to lose weight by counting fat grams, but each time I lost weight and then I would quit and gain it all back. I got on the scales on December 31, 2008 and I was the heaviest I had ever been in my whole entire life at 292, I made up my mind right then and there that I was not going to be 300 pounds and I no longer want to be 200 pounds. A friend of mine told me about this site and I thought I would give it a try, I thought to myself I have tried counting fat grams and now I would try to count calories. A lot has changed for me, my determination has changed, I am determined to get it off and keep it off. I have never been so motivated in all of my life, my first goal was to weigh 185 pounds but I have changed it to 120 pounds, I can do it and I will do it. I want my hubby to see me below 200 pounds which he never has but in pictures, but that is not my only reason for doing this, I am doing it for myself, I want to watch my kids grow up and I want to live not die at an early age. I am doing it for my kids, I don't want them to look at me and think that being overweight is okay.

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    wow that is awesome way to go:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    wow that is awesome way to go:flowerforyou:

thanks so much :flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You have had a good steady weight loss and obvious success. Keep it up!
  • idreamof55
    idreamof55 Posts: 18
    Options
    you are a real inspriation to us all!
  • FantasticVoyage
    Options
    You SHOULD feel very proud of yourself! Sticking to the new lifestyle change is the hardest part I think!

:flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    you are so great! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    awwww, thanks everyone for all the very nice comments. I really appreciate it so much. and that is why I love this website so much. :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    bump, want more people to read this :flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    You're doing so good sticking with your life change! congrats and your kids will deffinately appreciate it and learn a good and healthy lifestyle from u as well :) good job! and keep up the hard work! :happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    You're doing so good sticking with your life change! congrats and your kids will deffinately appreciate it and learn a good and healthy lifestyle from u as well :) good job! and keep up the hard work! :happy:

thanks so much, I will stick with it, I want to know what is like to be skinny for once in my life and for my kids to have a mom they can be proud of.
  • rachmj526
    rachmj526 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've been gone for awhile, but I am so thrilled to see your new picture!!

You are doing so fantastic! :happy:

You are such an inspiration to everyone and I KNOW you will reach your goal! :flowerforyou:
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    47 lbs in 6 months!
    that is great!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I've been gone for awhile, but I am so thrilled to see your new picture!!

You are doing so fantastic! :happy:

You are such an inspiration to everyone and I KNOW you will reach your goal! :flowerforyou:

thank you so much!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    47 lbs in 6 months!
    that is great!

thanks, I wish it was more but one day at a time. I know I have already lost a lot.
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I was wondering where you've been, apparently you've been working out, you're looking GREAT!:flowerforyou:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!
  • EllieAmancy
    EllieAmancy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! I am positive you will make it all the way to your goal because you are obviously so determined!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

EllieAmancy
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I was wondering where you've been, apparently you've been working out, you're looking GREAT!:flowerforyou:

well, I have changed my username from Lauramg to MOMOFTWO29. I have kinda been a slacker with my exercise only getting in 2 days a week if that sometimes but still eating pretty much right and still losing weight. thanks.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Wonderful job!

thank you :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Excellent job! I am positive you will make it all the way to your goal because you are obviously so determined!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

EllieAmancy

thanks so much. I am very determined. I don't want to be like this the rest of my life and so I made up my mind to do this thing. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!