Rambling in... and on...

Options
leighjam
leighjam Posts: 4 Member
Over the past few years I've noticed that the years, lack of exercise and poor eating habits are taking a HUGE hit on me.

A few things that really have me "upset" I can't bend over and do things without grunting, huffing and puffing due to my size. I'm not putting myself down, just really hate that. It really sucks when I have to get something off the floor or tie my shoes. I'm pretty unstable on my feet for my whole life by now I'm just terrible between my weight and physical abilities. It's not the fat so much as the out of shape...

I did start one thing that has helped me a LOT and that is a part time job as a paintball referee. When I started in Sept '11 I could hardly make it through a day (it's anywhere from 7 to 10 miles hiking in woods and fields) Now I'm just sore and tired at the end of the day. In addition I'm trying to be a river guide but my coordination and upper body is JUST TERRIBLE!

However, there's a but in all this. And I know it seems like excuses but I just have to figure out how to work around these things. I don't want to call them excuses but reasons.

Reasons are why you are where you are, excuses are why you're not doing something about it.

First I was skinny as a rail until I was 25. I could have a breakfast of 2 cups of coffee with sugar, 4 donuts, a quart of whole milk and I was 150lbs. I grew up finishing my plate and NOT wasting food.

Then came the sympathy pregnancy and I started to gain from there. Divorced, remarried and my wife was a bit heavy. I continued to gain and gain until this day.

A few of the problems that I have
I eat too fast - this comes from when my kids were babies and my wife would hold the kid while I ate then we'd switch. After two kids, I eat way to fast.
I eat too much - I don't get "full" as I eat too fast and I tend to keep eating.
My wife and her mother like to get me "surprises" of foods that I don't really need. I've told them please don't but they keep doing it ANYWAY... I can't waste the food so down it goes
I finish others plates - not wasting any food
Portion control is not something known in the house.
I'm often stuck eating on the run
I sleep terribly

Part of it's due to my wife being disabled but to call a spade a shovel I'm just lazy...

I don't hate myself but I know I could be a LOT better with a bit less of me around :smile:

So a new day and a new start.... here's hoping!

Replies

• whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    best of luck!...this is a really great place to start :)