• livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    ice cream and toasted bagel sandwiches with potato chips

Thanks, Ma:flowerforyou: !
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Fried bologna sandwiches on white bread with mustard, would not eat this for anything now LOL

I thought that was a small town Northern Ontario, Canada thing! My dad still eats this! and now he grills the bologna!!! (and it has to be blue ribbon!!)

I thought it was a being poor thing, we had those a lot growing up and we were broke.
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Fried bologna sandwiches on white bread with mustard, would not eat this for anything now LOL

I thought that was a small town Northern Ontario, Canada thing! My dad still eats this! and now he grills the bologna!!! (and it has to be blue ribbon!!)

I thought it was a being poor thing, we had those a lot growing up and we were broke.

you're probably right, because we were dirt poor as well and my parents use to buy it by the roll!
  • Meggeler
    Meggeler Posts: 42
    Options
    Mac & Cheese, homemade of course (had no boxed stuff :), with the top cheese burned! I mean BURNED but the inside was OK, chewy & creamy. . .. Just wonderful!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches with peanut butter and BBQ flavoured chips (crinkle cut of course)! :laugh:
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options

OMG! I just thought of how much I loved Fried Bologna Boats, topped with terrible scoop of reconstituted potato flakes, topped with melted cheese . I loved that menu item at school...BLEECH!!!
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Black berry cobbler, and home made biscuits, those were the days.

My mother made the very best Berry Cobbler...that was a real treat when we got to eat berries.
  • blf20
    blf20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Mello rolls - ice cream cylinders wrapped in cardboard - you peeled them back to put them in your cone
    Fried baloney - every Wednesday, fresh from the deli
    Beep - a juice drink
    Wax lips
    Lick M Aid

Later, Snack and a half - two great chocolate covered oatmeal cookies with vanilla ice cream in the middle

Sigh...
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Clear Pepsi and OK soda. You could call a number on the back of OK Soda and it would give you a cheeky message.
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, all this talk of friend bologna is giving me cravings! We ate it a lot as kids.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    oh yea, does anyone remember this? back in the early 90's you could find this in every supermarket almost, now it's close to extinct

Vienetta.jpg

**DROOL**
    That stuff was delicious!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvTuhwIaeuEx52AcydPdDUZFxP-AE8Gp94knDFxX1_DNjy7d--Cw

Really!?! Somehow I missed this.
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Black berry cobbler, and home made biscuits, those were the days.

There is a lady in Los Angeles called "The Cobbler Lady" who makes the most awesome blackberry cobbler. Along with cherry and apple too!

Whenever we go to LA we try to stop by and get one...
  • JeepBaja
    Options

The poor thing was Mac & Cheese, if you were lucky maybe there would be hotdogs in it... At least that was the poor thing we ate!
  • JeepBaja
    Options
    Not only was this a favorite of mine when I was a kid.... I've been known to still buy a can every now and then. A can of Spaghetti O's with Ritz Crackers... oh yeah!

51nHSHx-6qL.01._SR300,300_.jpg
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Not only was this a favorite of mine when I was a kid.... I've been known to still buy a can every now and then. A can of Spaghetti O's with Ritz Crackers... oh yeah!

51nHSHx-6qL.01._SR300,300_.jpg

This reminds me of one of my old faves:

beanie.jpg

My grandparents had these for me at their house. LOVED them.
  • shady1987dre
    shady1987dre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    ecto_cooler_Hi-C.jpg
  • kellyhuble
    kellyhuble Posts: 15
    Options
    dunkaroos.
    can't seem to find them anywhere!

I found them in Walmart one day. Takes me back...
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Pokemon macaroni :]
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I believe it was under the Jones Soda brand, they were candy tablets that fizzed in your mouth. They had a cola, some red flavor, and a lime flavor. I only ever saw them sold in Hot Topic stores. My friends and I would go to the mall, buy the red ones, and we figured out if we got a bunch and chewed them real quick, the foam and saliva mixture looked like movie-grade blood. We'd sit on a bench, chew them real quick, and act like we were coughing as the stuff foamed out our mouths. We got thrown out of a lot of shops in those days.

And maybe someone else will remember the little caplets that came with the flavor changing Kool-aid that was in the soft plastic squeeze bottles for kids. You had your original flavor and then you'd drop the caplet in and it changed color and flavor. Those used to fascinate me.

Also I second the Dunkaroos. I hated the cookies but I ate the icing like there was no tomorrow. I had a monster sweet tooth as a child.