5 foot 7 and weigh 140

Options
I am 5 foot 7 and now weigh 140 pounds after loosing close to 20 pounds since January. My goal was to get to 135 (what I weighed before I gained). Everyone I see says I look great and should not lose anymore weight. I am overall happy with being at 140 but I still seem to have some belly fat (have 2 kids). how can I not worry about still loosing when I have all this loose skin in my belly that appear to be belly fat. What are the best exercises for me to do now? I am still jogging 30 minutes every night and do 60 crunches about every other night...should i at this point just be doing strengthing. Will that be enough to tone my stomach....help?

Replies

• christahollis
    Options
    Loose, saggy skin on your tummy post two children will not go away. It can appear pouchy, crepey, or covered in stretch marks.
    Doesn't matter what exercises you do, or how much weight you lose.
    It is determined entirely by genetics--ie. how elastic your skin naturally is.
    It's a sad fact of mommyhood.

I've got my fair share too, and it stinks...but it is what it is.
  • alligator1970
    Options
    This can't be true I know people who have had kids who have rockhard abs....
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I've read a couple of people's opinions that say that that loose skin really is comprised of fat. If it were me, I would continue to my goal. You can always put back on the 5 lbs - in a healthy manner - if you think it's too much. As long as the goal doesn't keep getting smaller all the time and never stops!!

I'll post a link to a weight loss journal I was reading the other day that really fascinated me - it may help you too. brb.

http://lynnsweigh.blogspot.com/ This is the one. If you read through some of her journal entries and check out her pictures its amazing. She also had that flappy skin issue, and seems to have resolved it. Good luck!
  • jlefton1212
    jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would recommend working toward adjusting your body fat percentage by adding more weight training to your routine. Developing muscles all over will create a bigger calorie-burning engine to help burn that stored fat. You can continue to get healthier without dropping any more pounds. Congrats on your success thus far, and good luck with the rest of your journey!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I would recommend working toward adjusting your body fat percentage by adding more weight training to your routine. Developing muscles all over will create a bigger calorie-burning engine to help burn that stored fat. You can continue to get healthier without dropping any more pounds. Congrats on your success thus far, and good luck with the rest of your journey!

I think this is a good idea. Another thought is that your body could be use to it's routine. Maybe try changing up your running. Do some speed work one day a week. Check out runnersworld.com for ideas.

I'm 49, had two kids and I know I'll never have rock hard abs but they are alot better that just a year ago. In fact my abs look better at my current weight than when I lost weight before and was 5lbs lighter. Running and strength training really can make a difference.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I could have written your thread, the only difference is I just had my 4th child a year ago. I am also at 140 and have this damn poochy tummy. If you find something that works well at targeting this area please share!
  • christine918
    christine918 Posts: 261
    Options
    This must be a popular size! We also have the same goal! I do a ton of ab work. Also running has been my best friend when it come to firming my stomach. I have 3 kids. The last 2 were vertical c sections (cut from belly button down.) It was super hard to lose after #3.

146230.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • alligator1970
    Options
    Thanks all for the good advice....