protein powder...

Options
soulynyc
soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
I want to get some protein powder . However my husband reminded me that exercise right now is not possible unless it's totally off my feet (like swimming). . anyways he seems to believe that i should not take it as part of my daily intake if im not exercising. I would like to make my smoothies with it. currently i drink 1 smoothie a day. sometimes i may have two. what is your advise on this? Is there something wrong with taking protein powder without exercise? i would also like to make some deserts with it.

Replies

• Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with whey protein. For fat loss, typically you should be getting 1g/lb of lean body weight. If you don't know your body fat, it's fine to get 1g/lb your total weight which is plenty. MFP sets the protein goals really low, and I would suggest changing them to fit your numbers by going to My Home->Goals->Change Goals->Custom. You can get your protein from whey or foods, your choice really.

I'd suggest watching this video for more info:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYV60aV7RjU
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    thank you i will definitely watch the video. Even though the protein level is low.. i try to eat way more than they say of protein and way less of carbs trying to get them instead from veggies and fruits. how does one determine how much protein you should take? does it depend on how many calories one is aiming for?