But what if you don't go to bed?

Options
When it's my turn to stay up with the baby, I can go 36-48 hours without sleeping. I know the rule is not to eat after 6 OR 2 hours before you go to bed because your metabolism slows down. I can't help but feel like I'm losing out on valuable metabolism-boosting time though! What if I just kept eating through those 48 hours? Would I be a furnace or a freezer?

Replies

• wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer to this, but being a mama is so hard. Good luck to you!
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Good question! If you're awake, don't you need to feed the machine?
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    If you're awake and moving around you would be burning more calories than being asleep so I would eat.
    I also didn't think there was any hard or fast rules about eating at certain times or stopping eating before you go to bed. As long as you stay in your calorie allowances in a 24hr period you should be fine, but in saying that if you're up for that long it can also be a stressor and make you seem hungrier than you really are.

Good luck with the little baby :)
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    That's true, but on my non-baby days I eat every 2 hours... Even if it's just a handful of fruit!

Where's the fitbit that tells you all the magic answers? LOL
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    Maybe I should quit being a chicken and try it, but I'm afraid to see any backfire after my hard-earned progress!