Never going to get there :(

Options
I am having a hard time lately :( Been slipping up more and more with the diet and have been losing my urge to workout (have been pushing through them best I can but its like marching through molasses ) I usually try not to look in the mirror too much (don't want to be searching for results too soon and get upset) but lately I've been looking all the time =P (and judging myself a LOT :( The last few weigh ins of mine I haven't lost anything (hoping just water weight retention from heavy workouts ) I just feel like I'm never going to get to my goal weight, I have been at this for so long and STILL not where I want to be. I was hoping to be at goal weight by July but I highly doubt that now -_- It just isn't going to happen, another summer of hiding my thunder thighs and feeling uncomfortable.
I have a couple of pictures I look at for motivation and usually that works but now I just look at them and feel like I'm so so far away to even being halfway to that D: I even got a few compliments recently from people I did not expect anything from so if anything I should feel more motivated than ever! :grumble: What do you guys do to keep at it? I keep trying to tell myself if I quit now then I never really will get to goal but obviously that isn't cutting it this time lol

Replies

• Tempe729
    Tempe729 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've had a few rough spots since starting my weight loss, but my friends on MFP & my mum have kept me going! If you'd like some support or have any questions feel free to add me! And I love your Zelda shirt too! :flowerforyou:
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    For me weight loss can be a bit of a paradox... I find that by the time I really feel like I need to lose weight, I'm almost at the point where I'm overwhelmed with how much time and sacrifice it will take. I try hard for a week or two, but the results are never as drastic as I want them to be, which kills my motivation, the exact opposite effect needed for me to lose the weight in the first place.

On rare occasions, I do something right and my body responds immediately and I'll drop 5 lbs in a week. Now I realize this is most likely water weight, but that's not the point. My motivation is through the roof, and now I'm excited to go for walks or to the gym, and eat healthier and make better choices. It's all about that initial breaking of the cycle. Success makes success easier, if that makes sense. The biggest challenge I face with weight loss is motivation, I find it has to come from within. I'm jealous of people that are motivated through success stories on MFP, or friends who've lost weight.

Good luck to you on finding your motivation, I don't know if this is gonna do it for ya but....

YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)
  • vanderandkarl
    Options
    its totally normal to feel like you are, we all feel it at times we just dont talk about it

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

it hard to get the motivation back but it can be done
    maybe re look at why you are losing weight in the 1st place and make SMART GOALS

small steps can and do make a big difference in the long run like the post above success breeds success
    so if u do small do able goals you will get success which will build and build.

hopefully his will help you even if just a little bit and please feel free to add me xx

Creating S.M.A.R.T. Goals

Specific

Measurable

Attainable

Realistic

Timely

Specific - A specific goal has a much greater chance of being accomplished than a general goal. To set a specific goal you must answer the six "W" questions:

*Who: Who is involved?

*What: What do I want to accomplish?

*Where: Identify a location.

*When: Establish a time frame.

*Which: Identify requirements and constraints.

*Why: Specific reasons, purpose or benefits of accomplishing the goal.

EXAMPLE: A general goal would be, "Get in shape." But a specific goal would say, "Join a health club and workout 3 days a week."

Measurable - Establish concrete criteria for measuring progress toward the attainment of each goal you set. When you measure your progress, you stay on track, reach your target dates, and experience the exhilaration of achievement that spurs you on to continued effort required to reach your goal.

To determine if your goal is measurable, ask questions such as......How much? How many? How will I know when it is accomplished?

Attainable - When you identify goals that are most important to you, you begin to figure out ways you can make them come true. You develop the attitudes, abilities, skills, and financial capacity to reach them. You begin seeing previously overlooked opportunities to bring yourself closer to the achievement of your goals.

You can attain most any goal you set when you plan your steps wisely and establish a time frame that allows you to carry out those steps. Goals that may have seemed far away and out of reach eventually move closer and become attainable, not because your goals shrink, but because you grow and expand to match them. When you list your goals you build your self-image. You see yourself as worthy of these goals, and develop the traits and personality that allow you to possess them.

Realistic - To be realistic, a goal must represent an objective toward which you are both willing and able to work. A goal can be both high and realistic; you are the only one who can decide just how high your goal should be. But be sure that every goal represents substantial progress. A high goal is frequently easier to reach than a low one because a low goal exerts low motivational force. Some of the hardest jobs you ever accomplished actually seem easy simply because they were a labor of love.

Your goal is probably realistic if you truly believe that it can be accomplished. Additional ways to know if your goal is realistic is to determine if you have accomplished anything similar in the past or ask yourself what conditions would have to exist to accomplish this goal.

Timely - A goal should be grounded within a time frame. With no time frame tied to it there's no sense of urgency. If you want to lose 10 lbs, when do you want to lose it by? "Someday" won't work. But if you anchor it within a timeframe, "by May 1st", then you've set your unconscious mind into motion to begin working on the goal.

T can also stand for Tangible - A goal is tangible when you can experience it with one of the senses, that is, taste, touch, smell, sight or hearing. When your goal is tangible you have a better chance of making it specific and measurable and thus attainable.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Just remember....
    MAUIVENTS.jpg
  • nadiakim
    nadiakim Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I really do. Since January I restarted working out in hopes to loose the last 50lbs from all the weight I gained after my third child. This has by far been the hardest few years of trying to loose weight than it ever has been for me before. Its been very daunting. I lost 10 lbs in January and havent lost any since. Four months have passed now. I've been eating right, and exercising alot! I am not seeing the inches move and when the scale does move its back up not down! But I know that I have to keep reevaluating what I am doing and see where I can make a change, then give it another month and see if that helps. One major thing I realized is I wasnt eating enough. So I saw some posts on here and went to fat2fitradio.com and found out I was missing about 600 calories a day from my diet. All I can do is keep doing what I am doing. And give it time. Eventually the probability of weight loss will continue to rise. You will get there! We all will. It just takes constant determination and consistency. And look at it this way, if anything at least you know your healthy with the way you are eating and working out. : ) Which increases your life expectancy. Have you done your measurements to see if you lost any inches? They dont come off in the places we want sometimes. Feel free to add me. You can see what I am doing and how I eat. You can do it!!
  • mandelea
    mandelea Posts: 27
    Options
    Girl, you made it through daunting times late last year, persevered through others' negativity, and you are so successful! Don't let this minor set back set you back. It's not worth what you stand to lose in the long run.

Starting to resist or get bored of your workouts? Try something new. Take a fitness class, get involved with others. As much as success can be a motivator, so can achieving with others. Have you tried Zumba yet. TONS of fun!

Lastly, resist the scale. Sometimes I feel like if I could just stay away from the scale for one month, I wouldn't have to feel the gravity of those set backs, it would be like they didn't exist.

Keep going. July or not, do not let not getting healthier be your regret. Life is too short to set ourselves up for starting over and over again.

<3
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    All of you, i want to say thank you SO much for taking the time to comment and all your words (and pictures) really touched me. :love: Going to keep at it