chicken lettuce wraps!!!

Options
Another household fav that my boyfriend and I absolutely CAN'T get enough of is chicken lettuce wraps! Can't really go wrong here.... however I sub the cooking oil for organic pam. I'm sure you can tailor it to your tastes if you don't like a particular ingredient.

But I used to work at PF Changs... and this was one of my favorite dishes. And this is the closest recipe I can find to the restaurant's dish... and is WAY healthier.
Try it!!

http://www.tressugar.com/20231 or

CHINESE CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS:

2 cups fresh ****ake mushrooms
1 1/2 lbs thin cut chicken breasts (or tenders)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 dash of course salt and course black pepper
3 garlic cloves chopped
1 inch piece of ginger (finely chopped)
zest of one orange
1/2 red bell pepper (diced small)
1 can of water chestnuts chopped
3 scallions chopped
3 tbsp hoisin sauce
1/2 head of iceberg lettuce (quarter into wedges)
1 head of Boston bibb lettuce (separate leaves)

PREPARE AND COOK:
Slice the mushroom and chop the chicken into small pieces. Preheat a large skillet to high and add oil to the pan. Add the chicken to the pan and sear the meat by stir frying for one to two minutes. Season with dashes of salt and pepper. Next add the garlic and the ginger. Cook for 1 minute.

Grate the orange zest into the pan (keep the orange). Add the chopped bell pepper, water chestnuts and scallions. Cook for one minute. Add the hoisin sauce and toss to coat the mixture evenly. Transfer the hot chopped chicken to a platter and pile the wedges of iceberg lettuce along side. After you zest the orange, cut it and add it to the platter as garnish.

TO EAT:
Pile the chicken mixture into the Boston bibb lettuce leaves, fold and eat.

Replies

• makellw
    makellw Posts: 1
    Options
    These look delicious - do you know how many calories are in them?
  • euphoria11
    euphoria11 Posts: 49
    Options
    A 4 oz serving is about 180 calories.
    But I normally eat about 6 ounces and something else, just so that I am sure I am full.
    They are absolutely delicious!

They are a good snack... had them for dinner last night... will probably eat left overs for lunch! Yum... counting down... :)
  • sbartlett0421
    Options
    I can't wait to try these! They sound great.
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for a good recipe like this - I loooove lettuce wraps. Thanks!
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    Sounds great but what is hoisin sauce??

Another household fav that my boyfriend and I absolutely CAN'T get enough of is chicken lettuce wraps! Can't really go wrong here.... however I sub the cooking oil for organic pam. I'm sure you can tailor it to your tastes if you don't like a particular ingredient.

But I used to work at PF Changs... and this was one of my favorite dishes. And this is the closest recipe I can find to the restaurant's dish... and is WAY healthier.
    Try it!!

2 tbsp vegetable oil
    3 garlic cloves chopped
    zest of one orange
    3 scallions chopped
    3 tbsp hoisin sauce

PREPARE AND COOK:
    Slice the mushroom and chop the chicken into small pieces. Preheat a large skillet to high and add oil to the pan. Add the chicken to the pan and sear the meat by stir frying for one to two minutes. Season with dashes of salt and pepper. Next add the garlic and the ginger. Cook for 1 minute.

Grate the orange zest into the pan (keep the orange). Add the chopped bell pepper, water chestnuts and scallions. Cook for one minute. Add the hoisin sauce and toss to coat the mixture evenly. Transfer the hot chopped chicken to a platter and pile the wedges of iceberg lettuce along side. After you zest the orange, cut it and add it to the platter as garnish.

TO EAT:
    [/quote]
  • sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Bumping so it goes in my topics...yum!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I love how ****ake mushrooms got bleeped out.
  • euphoria11
    euphoria11 Posts: 49
    Options
    HAHA! To the ****ake mushrooms!!

Hoison sauce... hmm not really sure what it is.
    But I found it in the oriental section of the grocery, it is a sweet brown sauce.
    Very good... it's used for a lot of stirfrys (stirfries?) also.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I LOVE getting these, when at a chinese retaurant although they call them ...San Choy Bow... they do chicken and beef ones and theyre LUSH!!!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Looks great, thanks!:happy:
  • njksharp
    njksharp Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • Kristi82
    Kristi82 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • joanewright
    Options
    bump
  • Angel31
    Angel31 Posts: 15
    Options
    bump
  • Linda1959
    Options
    I love how ****ake mushrooms got bleeped out.

OH my I could not figure out why it was like that. it' got bleeped out!!! Now that is funny.
  • Linda1959
    Options
    I can not wait to try this!

Try it!!

2 tbsp vegetable oil
    3 garlic cloves chopped
    zest of one orange
    3 scallions chopped
    3 tbsp hoisin sauce

PREPARE AND COOK:

TO EAT:
    [/quote]
  • LaurieB5578
    LaurieB5578 Posts: 1,297
    Options
    I can't wait to try this. I'm even thinking of ways to bring it to a potluck I'm going to. Thanks for sharing