I'm new and in need of friends to help motivate me :)

Options
LoriJ1782
LoriJ1782 Posts: 41 Member
Hi All!

I'm Lori, 29 from New Jersey, USA. I'm brand new, just set up my profile, and could really use some friends to help keep me motivated! I'm a food addict so I try to keep my carbs low since they trigger me to eat more and more. I mostly eat meats, veggies and fruits with some grains from time to time. I'm slowly starting to exercise though it's really hard with weighing so much! I'm a fun person that loves to help motivate and cheer on others :) I'd love to be friends with everyone (though I know that's asking a lot!) and am looking for friends from all over the globe plus locally. Add me!!!! :)

Replies

• LoriJ1782
    Options
    Guess I should have posted my stats! I'm 5 ft 3 and 288 lbs. I want to be 135 so I have a long way to go. Friends of any size with any goals are welcome! I really hope to meet some of you soon :)
  • KathyChampi
    KathyChampi Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I am 5'3 also. You will love your new journey. I will add you. :smile:
  • SandyQ229
    SandyQ229 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to MFP!! feel free to add me. the more friends the better!!! and you will do this and succeed!!!!
  • Riotgirl77
    Riotgirl77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can friend me! I can help motivate you. I have been doing this for coming up on 3 months and have lost 23 pounds. It is difficult when you start but gets easier as you go along. Walking is a perfect start to exercise... 30 minutes a day for as many days as you can go but should be at least 3 days a week. If I can do this anyone can! I am a food addict but the fun thing about this is you can eat what you want but you have to just watch your calories. Once you start losing you will get addicted to losing weight and looking for low calorie foods.
  • esquire909
    esquire909 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey Lori. I used to live in Northwest Jersey, so we share a common background. I've been on IP since Jan 1. 5'6" and started at 268 lbs. I'm at 202 lbs. on my way to my goal (and college weight) of 185 lbs. I'm doing this with my wife, who lost 40 lbs and is at goal, as well as with my 15 y/o daughter, who has lost 58 lbs. so far. It's a TOTAL life changer for us. I swear the floor joists in our house seem a little less bent with the total weight loss! Keep up the great work.
  • leetime4me
    leetime4me Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm fairly new here too:) Welcome and good luck..I find tracking food is the only way I can control overeating...I pretrack so I know what I "can" eat for the day...and when I'm finished dinner, I floss and brush my teeth and find something else to do. I know it's not always that simple..if it were, I wouldnt be 183. I'd like to add you:)
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm a couple of months into this and steadily losing 2 lbs a week - I also have a very long way to go AND I'm 5'1" so I know all that extra weight looks even worse on us vertically challenged!! I also find exercise a real struggle, I began with walking to the end of the street - and now walk roound the block and even a little further so getting there...

My partner is a real help to me and the rest of the family all encourage me too, I don't have anyone else dieting along with me - except on here and the one thing I am really looking forward to is splurging on a brand new wardrobe when i finally get there, I am planning on buying transition clothing in the meantime - as few and as cheap as I can!!

I am not saying its going to be easy or even pleasant (Iam sick of salad but its cheap on calories and can be filling) but hey!! if others can do it then so can we!!!
  • AngelaNoelleAyala
    Options
    Hey, I just sent you a message! I am 39 years old and I am from Maine!! I am a Physical Therapist and am usually giving the motivation to eat right and get into shape but a serious illness this winter left me deconditioned and 10 pounds heavier! Good luck to you with your fitness goals and I look forward to being a part of your journey with you! (and if you have a little extra money (($99)), invest in the fitbit....it syncs wonderfully with MFP and the data it produces also helps to keep me motivated)
  • KimmyJ30
    KimmyJ30 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I will add you for sure and do everything i can to keep you motivated and keep going:) You'll find lots of support on here and great people who are in the same boat as you. Good luck on your journey!
  • Denise6914
    Denise6914 Posts: 176
    Options
    Welcome! I am 5 foot 3 also and have a similar ultimate goal weight. Sending you a friend request:)
  • ianmcneill1967
    Options
    Hi Lori, I'm Ian and I am from Derby, UK.

Good luck, you are not alone! This site is very useful - you need to be quite disciplined about entering your food and exercise but it really does help
  • LoriJ1782
    Options
    I'm so happy to see all of your replies! I'm feeling motivated already!!!!! It's so important to have friends to support each other on our weight loss journeys :) Thank you guys!!!!!
  • toothfairy79
    toothfairy79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori.. You can friend me and we will all motivate each other to reach our goal.. This is a great step toward a healthier life.. I am from Moncton NB Canada.. Welcome here
  • Teau4
    Teau4 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Lori, Add me too. I live in New Zealand and started with MFP on Monday just gone. Tracking everything I eat is making me very aware of what foods to eat and which ones to avoid. I have increased my exercise to "everyday" and I am loving it. I too am 5ft 3in. Cheers Sonya
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My name is Lisa,I am from Glasgow in Scotland, I am 34 yrs old , married with 2 children and struggling with my weight. I am new too and in need of friends to motivate me LOL! Would love if you added me as a friend, we could motivate each other! xx:smile:

P.S I am the one in the black and red T-Shirt! x
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Welcome. im fron New jersey as well. feel free to add me
  • mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori! I'm just outside of Philly. Welcome - the support here is amazing.
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori, Welcome :happy:
    you (or anyone else) can add me if you like,
    I'm committed to this and would like some new friends here to make the journey better along the way
    Thanks,
    Andy
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    hey there! NJ here... and not far from you. Feel free to add me.

Jules
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Lori & Welcome To MFP:):) Here To Support and Encourage:):) A Great Place to start a healthy journey!!