FREE COMIC BOOK DAY - TODAY, MAY 5TH!

Options
LavaDoll
LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
TODAY IS FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!

...off to the comic book store in a bit, the kids just love this annual tradition! [as do I...=^x^=]

For those not in the know, each year the comic publishers send out many titles in promo, FREE for the taking, the first Saturday in May!

Awesome events are planned around this at some of the bigger/more hip shops...the store we go to brings out their replica Batmobile and has local creators of indie books on site, and this year they have bands lined up to entertain, as well!

This is an international event, including 46 countries and over 40 publishers...It's kinda like a big deal...so google a shop in your area, and git yo self some fistfuls o free comics!!!

=^x^=

Replies

• imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Is this in the UK too ?
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Yep, I think this year there is a Yo Gabba Gabba Comic for kids, my son LOVES Yo Gabba Gabba, he'll destroy this free comic in 30 seconds flat. LOL
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    WHAAAAAAT?!?!?!?! That is awesome!!!! Thanks for the heads up.
  • braign
    braign Posts: 89
    Options
    OMG I hope we have that stuff going on here, I'd love some free comics!
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks hun
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yay I love free comic book day.

There are 2 comic book stores in my town so it's pretty easy to get access to this. Unfortunately I haven't been able to afford my comic books for quite some time now :frown: (collected all Batman related) so free comic book day makes me happy!