no one area is focused on hmm?

sean93
sean93 Posts: 109
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
well i jog and it seems that only my lower body is toning up as my waist has dropped a few inches my legs are more smaller but muscular

could this just be down to the fact this is the area the fat wants to come off first or is it that jogging will focus more on my lower body than anywere els?

Replies

• MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    fat comes off as it comes off, apparently there is no way to target any certain area of body fat. It could be that the legs are generally one of the largest muscle groups on the human body so if you're noticing them toning up first that's probably why. Areas with more dense muscle mass seem to burn fat more efficiently than others.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    well i jog and it seems that only my lower body is toning up as my waist has dropped a few inches my legs are more smaller but muscular

could this just be down to the fact this is the area the fat wants to come off first or is it that jogging will focus more on my lower body than anywere els?

Well, your legs are doing most of the work :laugh: Of course, it is GREAT cardiovascular, so you are really strengthening yourself inside out.... BUT yeah, you are going to tone more in your lower section....
    Do some upper body strength training to even things up a bit :smile:
  • I jog too but everything comes off my top half first so I don't really think it's something you can manipulate. I figure if we keep jogging weight will come off everywhere eventually but do a little upper body weight training to get some muscles developed. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.