lunch time

Options
Frogmother
Frogmother Posts: 14 Member
hi i work nights and i need to prepare my lunch before hand other else when i wake up i eat the wrongs.Any ideals or recipes

Replies

• Jennianne1992
    Options
    I keep a basket in my freezer. Leftovers are saved in serving size portions and placed in the basket for lunches. I also have 1/2 cup containers of my favorite veggies ready to go. It makes preparing a lunch really quick and easy.
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Whenever I make dinner, I make extras and freeze in single serving containers, then label with contents and calorie info. That way I always have something I can eat without thought. I also love 1/4 c of egg substitute in the microwave on a toasted English muffin with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese...very quick and yummy!
  • dmattiucci
    dmattiucci Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi There!

I have struggled in past with preparing lunches for the family. I recently, started to prepare snack stations - one in the fridge and one in the cardboard. This station is a plastic bin were you can grab your snack bags quickly as they are already prepared.

Fridge station (plastic bin) contains 3 different sandwich bags for each day of the week.
    1) Veggies and 5 almonds - I like carrots, cut celery, cherry tomatos and snap peas
    2) Granola - I purchase this at Costco's bakery - You can freeze their product as it has an expiry date
    3) I purchase the precut apple slices at Walmart and take one in my lunch
    Also - on that shelf I place my hard boiled eggs (great to add fro salad or breackfast), greek yogurt, hummas, feta cheese, salsa, pita bread and sandwich stuffings!

Cupboard station (plastic bin) contains instant oatmeal, granola or cereal bars, microwave plan popcorn, dried fruit and nuts. I also place my sandwich bags and brown bags on this shelf.

I also use a meal planner for breakfast, lunch and dinner (purchased at Chapters) goes on fridge - you can plan your meals for the week and include your cookbook page numbers.