5lbs by my bday- July 26

Options
so its almost a month and i want to lose 5 lbs by then.
i eat healthy, i work out 7 days a week and that includes strengtth training and have been doing so for 3 months now but i havent seen much of a difference. =/
my bf says he can tell but something tells me hes just being nice :wink:
im at around 137 and 130 or so would be great.
any suggestions?

Replies

• LosingMoosey
    Options
    Cut out meat for a while, it lingers in your system and can cause the pooch below your belly button. To kick start removing old meat from your system you can try a day of cleansing, with magnesium citrate. ( as long as you have a day you can spend at home near a bathroom )

Cut WAY back on sodium, it makes you retain water.

At 137 you can be more worried about how you look than the number of pounds. Do you strength train as well as cardio? That makes a huge difference.

Losing more than a pound a week is usually unhealthy at your weight. But this website can also help you. You can put in that you want to get rid of 2 lbs a week and it will tell you how many calories you have to work with a day.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Our birthday is the SAME day!! Of course years apart :sad: LOL.

I am also trying to lose weight before my birthday. I want to lose 9 more pounds (I know, lofty) before then because I'm going on vacation to Florida for my birthday.

I'm sure with you doing all the right things that your bf can actually see the difference in you. The scale is really no where near an accurate reading of how good you are doing. So, it really is about how good you're feeling when you're doing the right things. Sounds like you are!

Good Luck to you, let's do the birthday dance! :smokin:
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Your BDAY is a day before mine. HAPPY BDAY :drinker: I want to lose between 5-10 pounds for my birthday too.