saving calories

Options
I am planning on going to Pizzeria Uno's tomorrow for my yearly Uno's Pizza. Can I eat about 600 calories less today (due to exercise) & "save" them for tomorrow?

Replies

• Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, it is better to eat normal today, and ramp up your cardio exercise tomorrow and the next day. If the pizza is for dinner, don't "save" alot of calories at breakfast or lunch either - it will just cause you to eat more at dinner.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I am planning on going to Pizzeria Uno's tomorrow for my yearly Uno's Pizza. Can I eat about 600 calories less today (due to exercise) & "save" them for tomorrow?

weight watchers lets you save points a bit like rollover minutes as long as it isn't a weeks worth in one night. but technically i suppsoe you can do what you are asking.
    i take it you are saving for the splurge.
    i exercise extra on a saturday for my curry night. totally worth it.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    You cannot save calories. Your body just doesn't have a bank where you can deposit and withdraw at will. I WISH! I'd save all mine and binge on one day a week. Really, I'm not making fun of your plight. It's like this, your body can only burn so many calories at a time. I'm no expert on the matter but if you load your body down with 1000 calories at one meal it just cannot burn off all of it.

I'd say just watch your calories through the day, eat, have fun, and get your exercise in for the day. Remember, this is a marathon not a sprint. One pizza outing no matter how much you eat will ruin your hard work to date.

Have fun and enjoy! :smokin:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    You cannot save calories. Your body just doesn't have a bank where you can deposit and withdraw at will. I WISH! I'd save all mine and binge on one day a week. Really, I'm not making fun of your plight. It's like this, your body can only burn so many calories at a time. I'm no expert on the matter but if you load your body down with 1000 calories at one meal it just cannot burn off all of it.

I'd say just watch your calories through the day, eat, have fun, and get your exercise in for the day. Remember, this is a marathon not a sprint. One pizza outing no matter how much you eat will ruin your hard work to date.

Have fun and enjoy! :smokin:

I agree with her. I read an article once that said the best time to eat alot was right after an intense work out because your metabolism is revved up. I would recommend you exercise before and log your food before you go. You probably will eat less when you go if you have the calories staring you in the face.

Also, if you want the weightloss to stick, you have to remember this is a lifestyle change. It's fine to do things like eat pizza every once in a while, as long as it truely is rare. Enjoy it.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: