Fat Loss

Options
Hello everyone. I am new here and this is my first time posting. I was wondering what I can do to help boost my overall fat loss. Can someone take a peek at my food and exercise journals and give me some nice advice? This is my first week measuring serving sizes and not sitting there and overeating until I feel like I am going to puke. I also get in 30 mins of cardio and then about 20 mins of strength daily. Any other suggestions??

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Hi Amolina0810, the first thing that I would suggest is that your believe in yourself and get on the slow road. The slow road is the best road to be on. Don't focus on your scale weight, because you will see that sometimes the scale will not move, but that doesn't mean you aren't doing great. Inches loss and body fat percentage loss is the best way to measure your progress. I don't diet and I don't care what people eat. I can't tell anyone that they should eat this or shouldn't eat that. I believe in eating anything that I want, as long as it falls under my daily calories. The only time I can see myself not eating something, is if my doctor told me that I can't have it, due to health reason. Moderation and portion control is the key. A person hurts themselves, when they deprive themselves of something that they can have. They let food make them feel guilty and there's no need to be in food jail. People should enjoy eating. The food pyramid is the best way to eat. Water is very important. It helps with fat loss. Speaking of fat loss, I want to you to know that scale weight loss and fat loss aren't the same thing. It's easy to lose scale weight, example water weight, but it's not easy to lose pounds of fat. Let me say 100% pounds of fat. Don't weigh yourself everyday, because that will make you feel pain. Try to do your weigh in once a month. If you can buy a body fat scale or Omron Handheld body fat monitor, do so.

Scale weight is broken down into two categories: Pounds of fat and Pounds of lean body mass. This is the formula you can use to see how much of your scale weight is from fat and how much is from lean body mass.

Weight x Body fat percentage = Pounds of fat
    Weight - Pounds of fat = Lean body mass

The pounds of fat is not the amount of fat or scale weight you need to lose and the lean body mass is the requirement for your body. You want to maintain it or increase it. Muscle is part of the lean body mass, just because a person has gained lean body mass, it doesn't mean they have lose muscle. When a person gain muscle, their scale weight will go up.

I know that I have said a mouth full. I could say more in regards to tracking body fat percentage, but I will stop here.

Don't give anyone your happiness. Do this for yourself and no one else. Never give up. Winners faces obstacles as well, but they don't give up. I'm here for you. I'm your health cheerleader. You can do this! Baby steps and patience is the key!