Cinco De Mayo: Today Is The Day I Was Suppose to Hit Goal

Options
j1wright
j1wright Posts: 286 Member
So I started this journey on January 31st, 5 weeks postpartum going through major post partum, had gained 48 pounds through pregnancy and had only lost about 23 pounds of that at that time I joined. I had a wedding on May 5th (today) that I knew I would be attending that I would be seeing a lot of old friends that hadn't seen me in awhile. I had never been this big. I had no clothing other than yoga pants and maternity clothing that fit me. I had tried doing Weight Watcher's on my own for a couple of weeks during maternity leave (I wasn't breast feeding due to PPD and prescription meds) and nothing was working. I was googling free weightloss journal tracker's and I came across MFP. I joined keeping in mind that I wanted to weigh a certain amount by May 5th 2012 for this wedding.

96 days later I did not reach my goal of losing 36.6 pounds but I did lose 30.4 pounds. I only have 5.2 more pounds to lose folks! I am pretty amazed at how great this site is!

Thanks MFP and my MFP friends. You have greatly helped me not only lose the weight but help me deal with PPD, by (friends cheering me on and getting me into excerising).
P.S. I am now smaller than I was when I got pregnant and I can now fit into my regular clothing. ;)

Replies

• HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    You got pretty darn close to your goal, so I'm glad your happy about it and not beating yourself up. 30 lbs is still a heck of a lot to be able to lose in a few months! The last 5 will be gone in no time! Congrats!
  • yourpalacf
    yourpalacf Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • Soooze
    Soooze Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow! that's great! You are very close to goal and make sure you what it takes to maintain a healthy weight. to get there is one thing, to maintain it is another!

Congrats!

PS: I'm not at goal and no where near maintenance but slowly getting there!
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    i think its GREAT you have come this far in such a short time... kudos to you :)
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    As far as I'm concerned, you made your goal :smile: Awesome job, sweetie!
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You have done so much in a short period of time. It takes a lot of work and determination.

P.S. Have fun at the wedding!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!