weigh loss changing clothes sizes

Options
Does anyone kno how much weigh u have 2 lose in order to change sizes in clothes ive lost almost 40 and havent really noticed a diffrence clothes wise

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    It depends from person to person!
  • harleykat64
    harleykat64 Posts: 70
    Options
    I have lost 65 and only gone down one pants size sadly :(
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice much of a difference during the first half of my weight loss journey, but I've been dropping clothing sizes like crazy lately. I started around a size 18 and now I'm an 8 after about 65 lbs. lost.
  • BoatReadyBody
    BoatReadyBody Posts: 376
    Options
    I didn't notice much of a difference during the first half of my weight loss journey, but I've been dropping clothing sizes like crazy lately. I started around a size 18 and now I'm an 8 after about 65 lbs. lost.
    Great Job On the weight loss. Mine was the same went from 16-4 but only really been changing sizes last 6 weeks or so.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Are you using weights at all? it's made a huge difference for me...I was into 3X tops, size 16 pants. I'm now wearing XL, some L tops and my 12 jeans are getting loose. When I weighed this much before, I was still into 14's and 1X, 2X tops. Doing yoga dvds, going to zumba, doing jillian michaels dvds have completely changed things!
  • satxdc99
    satxdc99 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree that it varies from person to person. It may depend on what areas you lose your weight from. For me it usually takes 8-10 pounds to lose a pant size.
  • Charles1964
    Charles1964 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I guess it all depends.I stared at 360 pounds with a 54 waist and now almost 280 pounds and wearing a 46 waist.I'm seeing about an inch smaller for each 10 pounds.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I guess each person is different. My pants started getting loose at 20lbs gone. I had a big big butt though, so I think it depends where you lose weight first and things like that. I've lost a whole lot of inches and weight, and I think that has a lot to do with it as well. I've lost a total of about 8 pant sizes since I started.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I think that unfortunately, the bigger you are, the longer it takes. When I started out it took me a good while to drop sizes, but as I go on, the sizes drop quicker. Don't be discouraged, you are on the right track, and will get there! :flowerforyou:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I think that unfortunately, the bigger you are, the longer it takes. When I started out it took me a good while to drop sizes, but as I go on, the sizes drop quicker. Don't be discouraged, you are on the right track, and will get there! :flowerforyou:

I was a big girl, and went from a 20 to an 18 after 20lbs gone.
  • mgriffith91
    Options
    I started at 210 pounds, I've lost about 35-36 pounds and have went from a size 18 to a size 14 and my 14s are starting to get loose. When I first started, I didn't notice a real change in pants size for the better part of 15 pounds, but they did start fitting better.
    after that, I've noticed a change in pants size every 10 or so pounds. I've lost a lot of weight in my butt. People lose weight in different places, don't be discouraged. If you are over 200 pounds, then it might take a bit longer for you to notice. Keep at it girl.
  • RavenSoul
    RavenSoul Posts: 11
    Options
    How close to your goal weight are you? Cardio will help you lose weight BUT weights are going to reshape your body and tighten it so you will see a difference in clothing size. I was at 36 lbs lost and didn't see a huge difference in clothing either. Clothes fit better, were easier to get into, and actually required a belt BUT I wasn't changing sizes as dramatically as I thought that I would until I started to add weights. They can be free weights or body weight exercises. If you belong to a gym or a Y I'd ask about orientation to the weight area. This was difficult for me because I went to a gym that was overrun with body builders but they saw I was interested in learning (and not just posing) and a couple of them started to show me different things and proper form.

I also agree that it depends where you currently hold the weight and where you're losing it from first. I hold my weight in my hips/butt/thighs and lower abdomen. The weight comes off my lower abdomen pretty fast but not so fast in my butt or thighs. Therefore my clothes start to fit amazingly well in the tummy area but then my biggest challenge with jeans and such is finding them that fit a smaller waist and a more ample butt and thighs.

Great job on the 40 lbs!! That is a definite achievement!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    it also really depends on your height. It seems like for me, every 12-14 pounds on average I dropped a size. I skipped a few, just due to cost! I never wore a 16 for example. I started at a 24, now a quite comfy 12. I am hoping weights will help me drop a few more, my weight is stuck right now.
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have lost 25 lbs and still the same pants but they are baggy now on the legs and butt. I guess I just have to wait a while before my waist catches up.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    you need to lose more inches
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I would bet that even if you haven't moved into a smaller size, your starting-size clothes are fitting a lot more comfortably. I tend to wear jeans with a little bit of stretch in them, and I just have to remind myself that they don't have to stretch as far anymore. Hang in there and keep going.
  • hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 90 and couldn't get into my 261/2 jeans but am wearing 18's now and can get into some 16's. My shirts went from 3 and 4x to large and xtra large. My neck has gone from over 18" to 141/2". I've always been told 7 pounds is a dress size but I think that's a litlle low. It may be that you are just wearing looser clothes now.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    It depends, because women (the difference is more dramatic in women than men because of their curves) put on weight in different areas. Whether or not you can wear a smaller size depends on the company and the specific style.

In addition, when a clothing manufacturer grades sizes up or down (I believe that many start at a midpoint size, 6 or 8), they make assumptions about the customer who would wear the clothes. With larger sizes, the customer is assumed to be taller and have longer limbs. It's the opposite with smaller sizes. Petite Size clothes use a different set of proportions.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I am tall, large frame and about every 20 pounds I am a size smaller, but no necessarily the same part of my body. I seem to loose inches in different areas each time. So first I had to get new pants, the next time new tops. I also found that I dropped the inches after a week of little or no weight loss, so hang in there and it will start to show.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    It really, really depends on where you put the weight on and how stretchy the clothes were in the first place.

So far I am down 18 lbs and 2 sizes, but I tend to store the weight on my lower abdomen. This means that a small amount of weight gain puts me up a size and a small amount of loss puts me down.