Anyone from Illinois here?

Options

Replies

• tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm in central IL, in the country near Decatur :) Surrounded by corn, yay! LOL
  • typingathome
    typingathome Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Southern Ilinois, out in the country.
  • tdixn65
    tdixn65 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am from Auburn IL just outside of Springfield. I have recently decided to get more involved with this and am hoping to find people near me that I can chat with and discuss options, issues, recipes and all that fun stuff.
  • sagittarianna
    Options
    I live in Iowa, but it would take me maybe 10 minutes to get to Illinois. :)

I live in Indiana, but it would take me maybe 15 minutes to get to (southern) Illinois. :)
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Born in Pekin, living in Peoria.
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Seems like everyone is either from Chicago or the burbs around Chicago...I am NOT from any of those. I am however from the heart of Lincoln Land, near Decatur (grew up in Decatur), in a small town 10 min from there, Dalton City. Surrounded by farmland!
  • SethosTBG
    SethosTBG Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hailing from Bolingbrook, IL
  • di2losew8
    Options
    100 percent cubbies fan from harristown il

I am not too far from you...but you lost me at 100% cubbies fan....Cards all the way here!
  • SethosTBG
    SethosTBG Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Been down there before, Went to SIU Edwardsville, lived in Alton, IL Back in the 80s
  • knitawit
    Options
    Peru, Illinois
  • di2losew8
    Options
    Fairview Heights, about 30min east of St Louis :) Never been to Chicago,farthest north I've been is Quincy to visit family. I four wheel in Waterloo and work in O'Fallon, born in Belleville, raised in Shiloh, moved to Fairview Heights when I was 10. So basically metro east :)

I was born in Belleville and lived in Shiloh when i was 2-4 y/o, then we moved to Decatur. My dad was stationed at Scott AFB back then 1960's. Did I say that? :)
  • di2losew8
    Options
    I'm in central IL, in the country near Decatur :) Surrounded by corn, yay! LOL

I am near Decatur too! Dalton City Where you at?
  • di2losew8
    Options
    Mt. Zion/Decatur here!

I'm just down the road from you on 121....Dalton City
  • di2losew8
    Options
    Small town east of Springfield
    Stonington.

My husband runs the grain elevator in Stonington.
  • patmonroern
    patmonroern Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am living in Edwardsville at the moment, well for the next few years till my youngest gets out of high school. She is 11 now in 6th grade. I am searching for someone local that wants to walk or join the ymca so I have someone to "answer to." Sometimes self motivation is really hard for me, but I know I could feel so much better if I got more exercise.

Also if anyone works from their car, I do home health nursing, and has ideas how to increase calorie burn while sitting I would love to chat.

I went to supplement superstore and had a diet recommended for me which includes eating 4 times a day and am having issues with getting the foods ingested at the appropriate times, due to being in the car all day. I would take any ideas on that front too. I really don't like eating cold food all the time which is what I get when I keep food safe in a cooler with nowhere to heat it up.

Pat RN
  • LaunaKay
    Options
    I'm from Southern Illinois! Just signed up today!
  • youcrazything
    youcrazything Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Chicagoland... in the Northwest suburbs.
  • swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Used to live in Galva, IL now live in OH.
  • CraigmileD
    Options
    Originally from the western suburbs but currently near Iowa City, IA.
  • danche67
    Options
    I too live near O'Hare Airport in Crook County - the taxes ARRRRGGHHHH!!!