Anyone with defined abs?

Options
Just curious, but at what body fat percentage did your abs begin to really show through?

Replies

• qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    14-18% for women.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    14-18% for women.

yep
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    It depends on a few things. Abs muscle size. If the muscles are larger, they'll show through at a higher % of body fat, and secondly, where you genetically store the majority of your fat. Some women can carry a lot of fat from the hips below and their upper body be ripped up. But for most around 18-20%
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    <<<i think im about 12-14% in this picture.. to get shredded its 10% or lower for women its like 14-18%
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    <<<i think im about 12-14% in this picture.. to get shredded its 10% or lower for women its like 14-18%

^ Agreed on your estimate. Probably closer to 12.
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    14-18% for women.

Why mine will never show!
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I am at 15.1 % body fat at the moment.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    <----I think if I squint I can see the beginnings of something. I was told my BF% is 21-23%. Not really sure.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    <----I think if I squint I can see the beginnings of something. I was told my BF% is 21-23%. Not really sure.

Rawr! i am hoping mine come out to play soon!
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Oh that sucks!! Mind you 18% is my goal BF so hopefully I will be ok!! :)
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    What is average?
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    For men its around 10% body fat when you can start to see them. That is what im currently at and in my pic. For women what the above poster said around 14-16%.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Depends, are we talking a "6-pack" or just a"abs"? I have "abs" but no, not a 6-pack and I'm probably 22% but my genetics dictate that my body fat is stored primary in my thighs and *kitten* and not in my stomach.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    errr---i'm at about 12-13% or so but i will never have ripply abs because it's just not the way I'm built. My stomach gets defined around 15% I think.
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Mine feel a lot tighter since I've started doing some different strength training...still working at it!!
    my BF is horrendous so i'm def working on that too!!
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm at 16% and they show a tini bit!!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    It depends on your genetics where your body store most of the fat. I happen to store most of the fat in hips, thighs & butt so which why even when I was still at 25% body fat, I was already seeing some hint of abs & now that I'm between 19-20%, I can see more ab definition.

However there are those who have 17% or less (women) or 8% or less (men) bodyfat but still look kinda soft in the tummy area. That's because these people store most of the fat in their stomach area.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    im 18.5 ..they still look relatively soft to me..although I have had three kids and have some loose skin...but i have heard 14% in women for visible abs. Like TADOW abs!!!!...I have some definition, and am fairly happy with them.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    At about 10% for me
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Depends, are we talking a "6-pack" or just a"abs"? I have "abs" but no, not a 6-pack and I'm probably 22% but my genetics dictate that my body fat is stored primary in my thighs and *kitten* and not in my stomach.

My genetics dictate my body fat is stored in my tummy so I'm not sure if I'll ever see my abs but I'll try to get as close as is genetically possible! :)