DARK CIRCLES !!

Options
gogo0000
gogo0000 Posts: 15 Member
i have noticed that whenever i loose weight i get these huge dark circles...
i started my weight loss in January and i have lost 12 lbs i wanted to loose 8 more lbs but i had to stop because i had started looking very dead !!!
can you give me some tips on how to keep my skin fresh !

Replies

• chetnabhatt
    chetnabhatt Posts: 77
    Options
    bump...Same problem here. I would like to know more.
  • Tamara6984
    Tamara6984 Posts: 30
    Options
    Do you drink enough water? I find I get these when I'm a bit dehydrated :)
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your face may be starting to have that gaunt look or hollow look....I always have had dark circles b/c of allergies & not sure how to get rid of them or I would def share the secret with you...I am not sure what you look like or anything but by guessing maybe you are eating too little or have lost enough weight & your skin/face is suffering for it....Like someone with anorexia (not saying this is you) but their faces sometimes get like this b/c of lack of good nutrition, you could ask a nutritionist...If it's not this, see a dermatologist and raise this question, he/she should be able to help you with this.

Also, if you are almost at your goal weight maybe try lifting now to get more muscle, you may gain weight but in the right places & you can eat at maintenance...This may help fill out your face some....HTH

I am by no means an expert so if I am totally wrong I apologize but I am going on my own opinion & what I have seen in ME in the past...Also only going by what is written on here & not seeing you or your diary.... :flowerforyou:

ETA: Also, make sure that you are plenty hydrated as this helps your skin in so many ways!!
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Dark under-eye circles can be caused by several different things:

1) heredity
    2) anemia (low iron), or other vitamin deficiency.
    3) allergy or sensitivity - especially to dairy products or wheat
    4) poor sleep
    5) dehydration

Any of they above reasons, except heredity, can be remedied. Start by going over your food diary and making adjustments to anything that stands out. You can't always get rid of the circles entirely, but they can be made much less noticeable. From what you describe, you should probably focus on #s 2, 3, and 5.
  • gogo0000
    Options
    well i've always had a really small face !! and now with weight loss it has that hollow look :(
    yeah i have already started eating more !!
    the problem is my papers have started and i am not getting the time to exercise !!
    i'll start eating more water and thanksss :)
  • gogo0000
    Options
    haahaha i meant drink more water :p
  • Tamara6984
    Tamara6984 Posts: 30
    Options
    Let us know if it improves :)
  • ChaoticMum
    ChaoticMum Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just as an off the wall, throw it out there idea...a friend of mine and her kids react that way to dairy. They cut dairy out and voila...eyes were no longer ringed by dark shadows.
  • gogo0000
    Options
    thanks everyone :)
    and i have had dark circles since i was a kid...but they've become very prominent in these last 4 months !!
    i am thinking of trying a few home remedies as well...!!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    you might want to go to the doctors and have blood work done, I know dark circles can be a sign of anemia, vitamin B deficiancies and others. Could be an easy fix with supplements. With that being said, mine are hereditary so I'll never get rid of them!!! hope yours are fixable with diet :)
  • gogo0000
    Options
    ok i will once i am done with my exams :)
  • KCherry
    KCherry Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If you have breathing problems like asthma that can cause dark circles too. No real fix if that is the case.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    sounds like dehydration.
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options

1) heredity
    2) anemia (low iron), or other vitamin deficiency.
    4) poor sleep
    5) dehydration

Any of they above reasons, except heredity, can be remedied. Start by going over your food diary and making adjustments to anything that stands out. You can't always get rid of the circles entirely, but they can be made much less noticeable. From what you describe, you should probably focus on #s 2, 3, and 5.

I agree with this. #3 in particular. Worth checking out.
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Good advice above and in the mean time...get some good concealer!
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options

I've never, ever heard that dark circles could be related to a wheat allergy/sensitivity. I've had dark circles for a long time and thought I've tried everything to get rid of them. Now I just resort to using cover up. But I also have a wheat sensitivity. I've always chosen to just deal with the consequences of it (mostly stomach upset). But I had no idea that could also be causing my dark circles. I'm going to try cutting out wheat and see if that helps.

Thanks for this bit of info! :flowerforyou:
  • JRC47
    JRC47 Posts: 16
    Options
    I have a friend who suffers with dark red circles during allergy season, I myself am anemic, doctor did a simple blood test, and perscribed 300mg ferrous fumarate + 1000mg time release vitamin C (you need the c to help the iron absorb...it also helps so you don't become constipated..which is what iron does to most people) my circles are still there, I still look tired, but I'd say having more energy through the day made the circles not look as bad....hope this helps....:)
  • ashley67203
    ashley67203 Posts: 95
    Options
    It could be your age. Mine get worse the older I get and my transparent skin is hereditary. If you can easily see the blue veins in your arms, wrist, chest, feet, etc, that might be your problem, too. With this kind of skin I find the loose mineral-based makeup does a better job of covering the circles than liquid concealer.
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have naturally tinted eyelids....about 2 shades darker than the rest of me. This causes me to have very dark and bruised looking under eyes. have had them since i was about 4. Mine are hereditary.....thanks Grandma! :0) I would make sure you are getting your water intake for the day and then some. Also, get an allergy test. When my allergies act up (and I have a LOT of them) the dark circles are worse.
  • dethjester
    dethjester Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have the hereditary dark circles. Vitamin C helps them fade, but whenever I stop taking the supplements, they inevitably come back.