Potatoes, are they bad for you?

Options
2»

Replies

• peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Potatoes are perfectly fine, especially if you eat the skins (and why wouldn't you, they are sooo good) and don't load them up with too much stuff.

Actually I'd be interested to know how people eat baked potatoes, different topping ideas and such. I haven't found anything that beats a little bit of butter or sour cream, but I'd like to know what others use, if anyone cares to share. :)
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't reccomend it, but one guy lived on nothing but potatoes for 60 days and lost wieght and improved his cholesterol and so on.

http://20potatoesaday.com/
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    just watch out for these;

164861_10150128306431742_235374096741_7751158_2428403_n.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Love the spud! I have a colossal baked potato a few times a week. Usually with a tiny pat of butter and a little freshly ground black pepper, sometimes with ranch dressing, and less often, loaded. Yum yum yum.

I also like cutting them into thick slices and sprinkling some Mrs Dash on them, then baking them.
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Huh.. Just making sure.. I love to put some cottage cheese and salsa on them... Sooooo filling! I eat one large potato and I am stuffed!
  • cournae
    cournae Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I hope not- They are my weakness! Forget candy and ice cream- give me a plate of hashbrowns or a baked potato instead!