Punk Fans

Options
neverstray
neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
You out there?

Who are you favorites? Any current underground stuff you are listening to?

I like old school: Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Germs, Dead Kennedys

And, then, Pennywise, Green Day, Rise Against, Bad Religion, Dropkick Murphys, and Misfits to name a few. But, looking for some newer stuff. I'm out of the loop a little. LOL.

Replies

• DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    :D time to get in touch with your inner punk dude! lol!!!! :D it's called google! I hope some others join in with you! :D Have a great weekend! muah!

Top 50 new bands for 2012
    By johnrobb on Dec 27, 2011 in Blogs, Featured

Top 57 new bands to look out for in 2012
    New rock bands for 2012
    New indie bands for 2012
    1. Rats On Rafts
    Dutch band raved about on this site several times look set for 2012 breakthrough. Already happening in Holland their spiky take on the melodic end of post punk is thrilling.

2. Mueran Humanos
    Argentinian duo based in Berlin whose dark post Suicide keyboard music in both unsettling and provocatively artful but also highly captivating.

3. The Ladykillers
    Liverpool band whose teenage guitar rush hints at Buzzcocks finery

4. Effluence
    Teenage trio from Lancashire who sound like a violent Muse or incendiary Nirvana, also armed with great songs.

5. Horse Brothers
    Featuring the remarkable Dave Barbarossa, the former Bow Wow Wow drummer who retains his Burundi drumming and has allied it to a Jon Spencer Blues Explosion strident rock n roll in this great duo.

6. Xup

One girl in love with rock n roll making great DIY songs,each with their own video.
    7. White Swallow
    Post White Stripes duo from mid Lancs who take the blues squall to a logical extreme.

8. Folks

Top 57 new bands for 2102

Crafted Mancuian guitar band with uber Beatle melodies and classic songs

9. Dressing For Pleasure
    Spotted on the recent Adam Ant tour, their Warpaint flavoured atmospheric songs benefited from the punky and can we say neo Goth take.

10. Unicorn Power
    Of the wall electro disco songs that sound like proper hits.

11. The Narrows
    on the fringes of Manchester’s music scene, their “electronic pop is rather more original and inspired than most. Account to our reviewer, ‘ They are completely ****ing crackers, as becomes clear before they even take to the stage for this their biggest hometown headline show to date.’

12. The Dead Hormones
    Highly original band from Goole who make tripped out music

13. Super White Assasin
    Quirky girl/boy electro pop on Hacienda records

14. 2.54Not enough bands use numbers in their names! 2.54 are dark moody shoe gazers.

15. Ministers Dead
    Dead Kennedys is the prime influence on this UK band’s snappy and sharp rush of songs

16. Childhood
    Smart pop

17. Biteback
    There are not enough new punk bands on the scene but these old stagers have put together a blistering band of scene vets.

18. Luca Pancho

19. Skeletons On Holiday
    Dark guitar shocks, moody.

20. Commache
    Also spotted on Adam Ant tour, featuring real native Americans and some feisty noise.

21. Morrissey & Marshall
    According to our man who knows these are ‘2 lads from Dublin who when they sing make me wanna cry.., but for good reasons….its like they were made to sing with each other.., moved to London from Ireland late last yr…’

22. Goddam The Band
    Wolverhampton based shenanigans….

23. Yurt
    Prog noise crew from Dublin

24. Ic1
    Our corrospondant raves…’NW London band.. but I think they’ll maybe do some thing,???NME have just had this single in to review..so that might make them not so new if they’re on to it…’

25. Disciple aka Spider Jaroo
    Independent UK hip hop

26.JD Meatyard
    Ex Calvin Party intense tunesmith still dealing in classic John Peel show musics

27. The Christophers

28. Dot Dash
    New York post punk crew

29. Criminal Mind
    New, young Bristol street punk mob.

30. Modern Alarms
    Manchester rabble rousers with a penchant for great bass driven monster tunes like early Joy Division.

31. Doyle and the Fourfathers
    Bookish post Smiths tight taut indie pop.

32. Swimming
    Shoe gaze shimmerers

33. Air Cav
    Mancunian music experimentalists

34. El Toro
    Raging twanging from Liverpudlian punk thrill seekers

35. The Temps
    OK they were in last year’s but they have moved up a gear now and are ready with their post Jesus Lizard guitar violence.

36.Missed You at the Show ?
    Acoustic indie rock, quite poppy

37. Electricity In Our Homes
    Get your quirk on! One moment dislocated and discordant the next Syd Barett tripped out pop- released on The Charlatans Tim Burgess’s new label, O Genesis.

38. Hooligan
    Dublin punk crew who make great terrace punk anthems, will be huge in the States.

39. Vincent And The Onepots
    Unashamed old school rock n roll punk that most ignored of genres. They are pretty damn good at it.

40. Demdike Stare
    Strange Lancastrian trip from band named after a Pendle witch who combine ambience and brooding landscapes..

41. Chris Corsano
    Free jazz punk drummer who sounds like a one man Shellac. His collaborations with various guests at festivals have been mind blowing.

42. Fallen Rule
    Dublin rock n roll

43. Mount Fabric
    Twisted Mancunian noiseniks

44. Bethia Beadman
    Would have been higher on this but she already has an album out but to most people is still filed under new, can only be a matter of time before the breakthrough.

45. Lola Colt

46. Deathcapades
    Recently tipped by Col Macgregor in our new Scottish band countdown this psyche crew hint at early Verve

47. V Thirteen
    Named after BAD song and pushing new boundaries

48. Sharks
    Skinny Kool UK punks making big impression in America with thie Clash fuelled white riot.You can check out a video of their live performance right here.

49. Mummy Short Arms
    One of a trio of great bands on great new Glasgow label, Flowers in the Dustbin. Captain Beefheart meets Sonic Youth.

50. For Abel
    Another hot new band from the Flowers In The Dustbin label, flavour of the Wedding Present.

51. Kick To Kill
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Crass .. I like a lot of things but it all starts with Crass for me.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Crass .. I like a lot of things but it all starts with Crass for me.

IM IN LOVE!

Crass is awesome!

>>> what he said "I like old school: Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Germs, Dead Kennedys

And, then, Pennywise, Green Day, Rise Against, Bad Religion, Dropkick Murphys, and Misfits"
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I'm liking CIV right now.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I approve of everything said so far!
  • PittShkr
    Options
    Danzig Announces Dates With Ex-Misfits Guitarist, Adds More “Danzig Legacy” Shows

Pittsburgh PA June 5th
  • PittShkr
    Options
    I'm liking CIV right now.

One of the greats!
    Cant forget Social D.!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Seeing Pennywise and Guttermouth tomorrow night! Face to Face is probably my all time fav.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Social D goes without saying...
  • PittShkr
    Options
    skull019.gif
  • PittShkr
    Options
    Social D goes without saying...

Thats one reason i love ya Sp1nG!!!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    NOFX
    Bad Religion
    Ramones
    Green Day (does this count? Pop-Punk.)
    The Clash
    I used to love Blink 182 in highschool...but again pop punk
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    I just want to check out some of these bands, so I"m posting to reminds myself :)
  • DB_1106
    DB_1106 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Pennywise has been my favorite band since my teenage years. Check out their new album "All or Nothing". New singer from the band Ignite is their new singer now. Awesome stuff. I grew up mostly with skate/surf punk and metal (Pantera).

Pennywise, Strung Out, NOFX, Bad Religion, Millencolin, old AFI, Rise Against.

I will always listen to punk rock, even when I am 80 years old.
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    Less Than Jake
    Tiger Army
    Anti Flag
    Velvet Underground
    AFI
    Flogging Molly
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Seeing Pennywise and Guttermouth tomorrow night! Face to Face is probably my all time fav.

i'm seeing pennywise on saturday. where are they playing tomorrow with guttermouth?? (guttermouth has put on some of my very favorite shows ever)
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options

fuck no they don't count.
  • PittShkr
    Options
    Ill be hanging out with The Real McKenzies coming up soon!! They stay at a friend of mines house when they come to Pittsburgh.
  • DB_1106
    Options
    I like Graves Misfits better than Danzig's Misfits.

Graves has one of the most amazing voices ever. I am going to go blast the song Scream right now by them.
  • DB_1106
    Options

fuck no they don't count.

I always hated when people asked what type of music I listen to and I reply with punk, they always say....oh oh oh like green day.
    :sad: :sad: :sad: