Interval Training or Step Aerobics??? Please help!

Options
zibbity
zibbity Posts: 126 Member
So I feel like I really want to push myself the next couple of days in my workout. Just to throw off my body a little. I always have pretty good workouts, but I feel like my body is starting to get use to the routine...or maybe I'm just getting sick of the same routine.

Anyway, my gym has different classes at 5:30pm. It’s usually a different type of class every day. Tonight is step aerobics. The thing is, I always feel uneasy about going to the classes alone, but after I’ve mustered up the courage to go, I feel great when it’s all said and done! With that said, I also tried a bit of interval training at the end of my cardio on Monday and felt amazing after that as well.

MY POINT IS (it always takes me so long to reach it..haha), which should I do tonight? Which do you think (or in your personal experience) is more effective? Class or interval training is something that I want to try to incorporate into my workouts at least twice a week, maybe even switching between the two.

Thanks guys!

Replies

• tiffbailey
    Options
    I say STEP AEROBICS. I think that you will burn more calories and its a lot of fun. If your class is anything like the one I go to, you'll feel more like your dancing and get a great sweat. Trying something new keeps you from getting bored as well. Now that I got the hang of my step class routine, I go twice a week and it stops me from getting bored with the treadmill, elliptical, stair climber etc.
  • zibbity
    zibbity Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I say STEP AEROBICS. I think that you will burn more calories and its a lot of fun. If your class is anything like the one I go to, you'll feel more like your dancing and get a great sweat. Trying something new keeps you from getting bored as well. Now that I got the hang of my step class routine, I go twice a week and it stops me from getting bored with the treadmill, elliptical, stair climber etc.

Thanks for that! I bet it would be pretty fun, I'm just weird about going to classes by myself. I feel like everyone in those is usually at a higher level than me and more on the maintenance side of fitness. But I think you're right! I gotta step out of my comfort zone sometime, and we're all at the gym for the same reason right?
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I go to the gym and workout on the elliptical, treadmill and bike. I would like to go to one of the step aerobics classes. I use to take this class about 10 years ago. I know all of the moves, but I don't like going by myself either. I am trying to push myself into going. However, I still have not gone. I hope to get myself in there sometime soon. Good luck to you:)
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    I like classes better because you don't have to think about it. Just follow along. I find that I'm so busy trying to learn the steps that I don't notice that I'm burning calories.