Any women 120-130 pounds with pics?

Options
I'm trying to decide if I want to stay at 140 (I'm 5'5'') and just tone up or if I actually want to lose 10-20 lbs. I like my boobs and butt the size they are and I'm scared they will shrink if I lose that much, but on the other hand, I don't like my legs and stomach. I've never been 120 so I'm not sure what I would look like.
Does anyone have before/after pics or just some advice?

Replies

• sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? That makes a huge difference in how 120 looks!
  • apples92
    apples92 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm 5'5''
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    bumping b/c I'm curious too. I'm 5'4" and I've been stuck around 137-140 for months. My goal has been to be between 125-130. Like you though, I kind of don't want certain areas to lose anymore. My stomach is a real trouble spot for me but I'm pretty happy with everything else.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and 128 lbs. I am happy with my weight except for the belly flab, and floppy batman arms! I am 36, with 5 kids (all mine!) and I don't look bad for my age, but do want to firm up my butt, arms and belly! It's not like weight isn't easy to gain back! What do you have to lose? If you lose too much, you can always slow down your routine and gain a bit back!
  • heliodora
    heliodora Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Check out this site: http://www.mybodygallery.com/ You can enter height/weight in the search and see user submitted pictures.
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm irrelevant to this post because I'm barely 5'0" and am currently 132. I think at 5'5", that you look fantastic. I would be happy at your weight!

I bet you'd be happy if you ate stomach flattening foods (or just good metabolist foods - almonds, grapefruit, etc) and toned up? You look fine but I'm wondering if concentrating more on toning than cardio would get done what you want? (I'm assuming flat stomach and lean thighs).

I also was able to maintain my proportions before and actually better accentuate my assets, ahem, by doing Pilates -- particularly on a balance ball.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'6" and I'm 120, when I started MFP I was 137 and just felt a little too heavy, I'm naturally thin and have never weighed that much before, I look good at 130 too but not able to gain some of the weight I lost back, 120 is a little thin but I'm okay with it, I won't go under that for my height........
  • apples92
    apples92 Posts: 13
    Options
    thanks everyone! I think I'll stick with my plan because I can always gain some weight if need be.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Small calorie deficit, adequate protein, strength training, and track your progress by photos, how clothes fit and measurements instead of the scale.

I'm around 130 now at 5'5. Been as low as 125.5 in October and gained a little in maintenance, but I'm smaller than I was in October. (yay strength training!) I'm also smaller than I was a decade ago at 120 pounds when I didn't exercise (lost weight from a jaw problem then) and can fit into some clothes from more than 20 years ago when I weighed 110 pounds.

I started heavy lifting in July. Prior to that, I did mostly cardio with some resistance training with 5# dumbbells and body weight exercises (crunches, planks, etc).

pink-bikini-front.jpg

11pounds.jpg
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Small calorie deficit, adequate protein, strength training, and track your progress by photos, how clothes fit and measurements instead of the scale.

I'm around 130 now at 5'5. Been as low as 125.5 in October and gained a little in maintenance, but I'm smaller than I was in October. (yay strength training!) I'm also smaller than I was a decade ago at 120 pounds when I didn't exercise (lost weight from a jaw problem then) and can fit into some clothes from more than 20 years ago when I weighed 110 pounds.

I started heavy lifting in July. Prior to that, I did mostly cardio with some resistance training with 5# dumbbells and body weight exercises (crunches, planks, etc).

pink-bikini-front.jpg

11pounds.jpg

Awesome, what lifting program did you do and how much cardio? Very curious and thanks in advance! Well Done!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Not really following a lifting plan, but I try to lift 2-3 times a week and run 3 times a week.
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my profile picture is me at 131.5. Not sure if that helps or not. Also, I have had a baby and my doctor has confirmed that my lower belly is all skin. But it might give you an idea...
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and this is my latest progress pic, I'm at 130-131lbs right now..

P1010395.jpg

I'm basically maintaining now, just trying to build muscle with heavy lifting
  • stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    Options
    Im 5 foot 3 and 132 right now
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    I don't think you should worry about the number on the scale anymore. If you aren't happy now, then you likely won't be happy ten pounds lighter without strength training. Just lift and and eat clean and in time you will very happy no matter what the number on the scale shows.

I've been 5'4" 105 and still had a little tummy pouch, but now I'm 115 with some muscle and look way better.
  • ChandlerBrooks93
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" an way 126 pounds and I'm really looking to just get toned up. I've done a lot of cross country but that type of workout has never given me the result I truly want. Now I'm working on trying to do more weight lifting then cardio and we'll see how that goes! I really just need more motivation!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    5'7, 120lb (ignore my statue of liberte greek yogurt impression)
    69280_10151785801620607_269329577_n.jpg
    150734_10151767153660607_100086404_n.jpg
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 131
    mkkk.jpg
  • Ashleacurtice
    Ashleacurtice Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    my profile pic is of me now 5'3" at 130...wanting to get to 120 - 125.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!