Summer and breakup

Options
Hey everybody. I'm a 20 year old college student in need of sincere motivation. I recently had a bad breakup with my boyfriend and he was my main support system for weight loss. During our relationship I lost about 15 pounds, now I've gained 10 of it back in the last few months. I'm starting anew and trying to motivate myself to eat well and exercise over my summer break. I think now it's to have a new image and show him he hasn't gotten me down! Any advice or tips? Also add me as a friend! I will reciprocate encouragement!

Replies

• NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear of your break up. It's never a good time to experience such a down moment in your life. Your weight loss ambition will be amazing regardless of the situation. Make little goals for yourself week by week and, most importantly, experience accomplishment for yourself solely. You're going to make huge strides and show yourself as wells as everyone else just how amazing you are!

:flowerforyou:
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Make your motivation to show him YOU ARE BETTER! haha. I always found when im down to go run and workout because i feel like im working on me to prove everyone else wrong...no matter the situation this always work

Feeling good about yourself and the right one will come along dont worry! BOYS SUCK
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Whenever I've gone through a hard time like a break up or something it's very easy put on your sweats, get some comfort food and mope in front of the TV. But most of the time I've been able to channel that sadness into anger and determination. They say getting healthy and losing weight should be for you, and I agree.....but man sometimes there is nothing better than looking great and showing that ex what he is missing.

Also, I find that setting a work out schedule works best for me. I work out Sunday, Tues, Thurs, and Sat, that way I almost always have a break in between and knowing I'm scheduled to work out makes it easier to stick to it. Good luck!
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    This journey needs to be about YOU. Don't worry about what he thinks or how you gained weight. Get your body back, get your life back. Good luck! I may be your Mom's age, but you can add me. :smile:
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Forget about any external reason for getting healthy and make it something you want to do solely for yourself. When you're doing it so that you like what you see in the mirror or so you can run faster or feel stronger it won't matter who is looking or what happens in your life and you'll do it anyway.

I agree with the advice to just find a routine and stick with it and don't let anything get in your way.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the break up - never a good time. Use whatever emotions your feeling to fuel your fire!!!

Think of how sweet it will be in a few months to bump into him and look better than you did when he broke up with you!! You've moved on, you're doing better - you're happy and he is going to walk away saying damn - what the hell was I thinking??
  • abbullar
    abbullar Posts: 61
    Options
    Thank you! So sweet!