What vitamins are you guys/gals taking???

Options
I don't take any but decided I am going to start.. what would be good to take??? Also I've tried the one a day and vitamins similar but they make me VERYYYYY sick to my tummy....

Replies

• Motivation
    Motivation Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I take centrum, fish oil and arginine. Fish oil is good for your heart, just make sure you get entric coated unless you enjoy fishy burps. :)
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    If your multivitamin is making you sick, it could be because its too strong. Try a childrens multi or find one that suggests taking 2 per day, but only take 1.

I also take a B-Complex and second the above poster with the fish oil!!
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I take centrum, fish oil and arginine. Fish oil is good for your heart, just make sure you get entric coated unless you enjoy fishy burps. :)

LOL
  • ajpatrice
    ajpatrice Posts: 1
    Options
    Centrum, vitamin D, calcium, magnesium & Zinc, fish oil, B100 and Vitamin E three time per week
  • deniseearheart
    Options
    If your multivitamin is making you sick, it could be because its too strong. Try a childrens multi or find one that suggests taking 2 per day, but only take 1.

I also take a B-Complex and second the above poster with the fish oil!!

Ya I was taking the childrens chewables for a while
  • fitnessjess100
    fitnessjess100 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I take One a day..
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I learned the hard way to not take vitamins and supplements on an empty stomach! They go in with food.
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I take a childrens chewable multivitamin because my stomach cant handle the adult ones. I also take a vitamin b complex and an omega 3 (fish oil) that also contains vitamin e and antioxidant fruits (lycium fruit, acai fruit, noni fruit).
  • deniseearheart
    Options
    I learned the hard way to not take vitamins and supplements on an empty stomach! They go in with food.

ya even with food I still vomit :-/
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options

me too! I can take everything else in adult dosage just not the multi vitamin.
  • deniseearheart
    Options

me too! I can take everything else in adult dosage just not the multi vitamin.

Ya think I am going to go back to the childrens and take B complex, vitamin C, vitamin D and fish oil.....does that sound about right????
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I take a generic women's multi-vitamin and glucosamine (I have pretty much no cartilage in my left knee, ouch :( ) I tried taking fermented cod liver oil for awhile, it's supposed to be really good for you, but it's basically as disgusting as it sounds. I should've sprung for the gel caps instead of being a tightwad and paying less for the liquid :/
  • ganetdiary
    ganetdiary Posts: 3
    Options
    I take several vitamins including a multi, calcium, D3, C, and others. It helps for me to only get liquid softgel or capsule versions (no hard tablets of anything unless no other option). Best I can tell, this seems to help in digestion and absorption. The only tablet I think I take is an enzyme because I like the brand.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Sam-e
    Prenatel
    Biotin
    B-12
    Relacore

With vitamins, make sure you follow the directions. Some of them you need to take with food others you don't. If you don't follow the directions they don't get absorbed right and you might as well not even take them.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    i eat fruit...
  • Mogwai1985
    Mogwai1985 Posts: 31
    Options
    I take Equate One Daily, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Vitamin B, Glucosamine, Biotin and Calcium. I also take cranberry extract.
  • skinnydream115
    Options
    DO not get good tasting vitamins... :( ha I once had these amazing tasting fiber gummies pry ate like 30. it said to not exceeed 4.. lets just say my tummy was in MAJOR MAJOR pain. I also eat more of the vitmins lol. like wtf you ate 10 vitamins instead have some fruit im sooo weird but yeah im not getting the gummy ones anymore ever!!

lol :D
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Juice Plus, much better than vitamins.
  • lengirl75
    lengirl75 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    This is what I take when I remember...
    One a Day Women's
    Nature Made Fish Oil 1,000 mg
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Generic prenatal vitamin, Super B6 complex and a probiotic.