Transition Clothes

2»

Replies

• zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    The clearance sections of Target and Old Navy are good. Try TJ Maxx and Marshall's in the nicer areas. In the especially nice areas around here (metro Atlanta), you can find very nice clothes (Michael Kors type stuff) for very good prices. Same thing with Goodwill. The nicer the area, the better stuff they have.
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    I suck up to my mother so that she will slit the waistband of my jeans, run elastic through it and sew it down on either side of the back. And I mostly wear t-shirts so if they are a bit big, they are. Also clearance racks and Goodwill. Cato's clearance rack is my favorite place!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    I suck up to my mother so that she will slit the waistband of my jeans, run elastic through it and sew it down on either side of the back. And I mostly wear t-shirts so if they are a bit big, they are. Also clearance racks and Goodwill. Cato's clearance rack is my favorite place!

Kissing up to my mother is my plan too :D
  • _HeyMommy_
    _HeyMommy_ Posts: 323 Member
    Hmm. Maybe we can start a clothing thread..... like selling our larger clothes to others who need that size now?
    Obviously not at retail price.. but good/fair deals and buyer pays shipping. Could post pics and prices and go
    from there?... dunno..just an idea. :0)
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Hmm. Maybe we can start a clothing thread..... like selling our larger clothes to others who need that size now?
    Obviously not at retail price.. but good/fair deals and buyer pays shipping. Could post pics and prices and go
    from there?... dunno..just an idea. :0)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3414-mfp-clothing-exchange There is this one :)
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    I haven't bought any. My pants are baggy and need to belt to actully stay up and my shirts hang off me lol. I just can't bring myself to spend that amount on clothes that will just be tossed aside soon. So I have made a deal with myself....no transition clothes, but a boat load of goal weight clothes! Lol, and that will give me a little motivation to stay at goal weight too :)
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Hi All,

I'm wondering if you guys have ideas for transition clothes when you are losing weight. I'm getting to the point where my old clothes definitely don't fit me or even look cute anymore and I don't want to buy a whole lot of new clothes in sizes where I don't plan to be. Case in point I bought a pair of khakis for work a few weeks ago and already they are too big. I don't really want to start shopping for clothes until I am at my goal weight.

What are you guys doing for clothes during your transition period?
    Goodwill. I bought a WHOLE outfit...all name brand clothing for work $10!!! Can't beat that!!
  • imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
    Thrift stores...they became my best friend during that time.