Options
RachVR6
RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
week08.jpg

Replies

• fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Our list is getting smaller and smaller!:cry: But great job for everyone who's sticking with the Blues!:flowerforyou:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yes our list is shrinking, but we are still doing great! Hang in there blue's.
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great week everyone. A special congrats to Carrie6o6-what an inspiration!

Thank you to everyone for their words of encouragement. I really appreciate it and it's helped me to keep on track today :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: lookin' good! I am sure some people are on vacation as I would love to be. They may come back later.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I can't beleive I am on top for the % - you guys are giving me a run for it!

Did you notice - everyone has lost since we started! That's great - even if you had a bad week - overall we're all a bunch of losers! Way to go!

heading to the beach for the weekend - I won't even die because I'll be in a bathing suit this year!
  • cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options
    Ack! I'm horrible. Two weeks in a row without posting.
    I PROMISE I'll check in next week. I PROMISE.
    Summer school got hard, and now I'm studying for my Health/Driver's Ed Final, and getting ready to take the test for my learner's permit. =D Exciting.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post my weight again..grr...I thought all day that it was Tuesday. :yawn:

135 this week.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!! Keep it up!! :drinker:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    sorry rach i forgot to message you. TOM this week so we will go with no weight gain. BTW I'm so happy for you. Love comes when you least expect it that is what happen with my husband.

I had a relaxed supper and I had cake for a birthday with some friends. THis coke thing. :explode: Coke on ice is my new addition. I hate it. I have been making sure however that it stays within my calories and I'm still drinking tons of water. Tomorrow is another tae kwon do I'm so excited. I love going. My get away.

Everyone is doing a great job. WTG
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options

Im not really an inspiration! but thanks.. if you notice im only 2lbs under my start weight... that 6lbs was from TOM. I cant seem to get under 182lbs not enough will power here!
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Im not really an inspiration! but thanks.. if you notice im only 2lbs under my start weight... that 6lbs was from TOM. I cant seem to get under 182lbs not enough will power here!

I disagree! You showed that you can recover from when our bodies decide to work against our weight loss efforts :flowerforyou: I've also not lost much since our start date, but knowing that other folks are still plugging away helps and inspires me to do that same.
  • sanifrey
    Options

I disagree! You showed that you can recover from when our bodies decide to work against our weight loss efforts :flowerforyou: I've also not lost much since our start date, but knowing that other folks are still plugging away helps and inspires me to do that same.

I 2nd that!! It's all about recovering & making life long changes!! Great job!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Thanks
  • chrissyh
    Options
    san - as you get closer to your goal, have you changed anything? I am just curious....
  • sanifrey
    Options
    quote]
    san - as you get closer to your goal, have you changed anything? I am just curious....
    [/quote]

I injured my tendon so I can't work out as hard as I was before (running, step class, etc) So I really have a hard time getting a good burn by just walking or doing pilates & strength training. I was burning around 500 calories a day & now I'm barely getting over 200. But, I'm not letting it keep me down. I've really been watching my food & calorie intake lately. I'm down to 1200 a day + my exercise calories, of course! I've adjusted down to splenda for my morning coffee & other little frugal changes to make my calories go further.
    I'm not sure how much lower I'm going to go. I still have trouble zones I'd like to tone (thighs, belly pooch), so I'm thinking of readjusting 5lbs down at a time, continue working out & see how I like the results.
    On a good note, this time last year, I was barely able to fit a size 16 & today, I'm wearing brand new Old Navy size 6 jeans!! I don't think I've ever worn anything under a 12!
    MFP & the fabulous people here who are so supportive & motivating !!

How about you Chrissy, what changes have you made?? I love hearing about your running - a bit envious, because I can't run with my tendonitis - but, I do love hearing about your accomplishments! You are doing so great!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    quote]

I injured my tendon so I can't work out as hard as I was before (running, step class, etc) So I really have a hard time getting a good burn by just walking or doing pilates & strength training. I was burning around 500 calories a day & now I'm barely getting over 200. But, I'm not letting it keep me down. I've really been watching my food & calorie intake lately. I'm down to 1200 a day + my exercise calories, of course! I've adjusted down to splenda for my morning coffee & other little frugal changes to make my calories go further.
    I'm not sure how much lower I'm going to go. I still have trouble zones I'd like to tone (thighs, belly pooch), so I'm thinking of readjusting 5lbs down at a time, continue working out & see how I like the results.
    On a good note, this time last year, I was barely able to fit a size 16 & today, I'm wearing brand new Old Navy size 6 jeans!! I don't think I've ever worn anything under a 12!
    MFP & the fabulous people here who are so supportive & motivating !!

How about you Chrissy, what changes have you made?? I love hearing about your running - a bit envious, because I can't run with my tendonitis - but, I do love hearing about your accomplishments! You are doing so great!!
    [/quote]

Well so far running is my main change - but I HAVE to rest in every other day or my hips are KILLING me. They'll get stronger as I go so I am just taking it easy. I eat 1400 a day and add in exercise calories - not always all of them but I try. I've been bad this week going to low again a couple days - really got to work on that. I try to exercise about 5 days a week - walking or strength class on the non running days. I will probably tweek my calories after this month - we'll see if I am still losing steadily - I won't change whats not broken!

I hope your tendon gets better - I know that's really painful.
    Funny how little things like fat free creamer or splenda in coffee really help with getting the calories to balance at the end of the day. It is amazing how little things really add up!

Once I hit my initial goal, I may play with another 10 pounds - we'll see how it goes. I am in a 12 right now - started out in a 22 needing to be in a 24....I haven't worn a 12 since having my daughter 17 years ago....the closest I've come was a 14 about 8 years ago. I gotta tell you it feels so good to shop in regular departments and stores and acutally have to go back for smaller sizes-I still don't quite get how much of me is gone! :)

I've babbled enough - hope all of you beautiful blues enjoy a Happy 4th!!!! After all - it's for the red white and BLUES!!!!
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Good job this week. I forgot to send my weight, but I was down 4.4lbs from the previous week. For some reason, I wasn't on the chart last week. Last week's weight was 174.8, this week 170.4. I'm really getting back into this. I want to be at 162 by August 1. It really helps me having to share my weight with the group, because I hate telling anyone what I weigh. Well, I hope you are all doing well. Happy 4th of July weekend!!
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Hey Blues!!! Just wanted to check in for a sec. I weighed in and maintained. :sad: I have had just enough time in the day between work and taking my daughter to/from my mom's to come home and get everything ready for the next day, shovel in some dinner and get my daughter ready for bed. I'm so wiped out and it's only going to get worse! My shift is changing from an 8am start to a 6:45am start! On top of everything else, I'm supposed to be studying for work. I'm having a really hard time fitting in sleep, much less exercise. I'm doing pretty well with eating, though! I think I'm going to try to work in 10 minutes of exercise at a time until I can figure this whole working single mom situation out. Happy 4th, everyone!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Good morning blues!! What's everyones plan of attack for getting through this weekend?? I'm thinking arm myself with a bottle of water at all times & concentrate on getting my fruits & veggies in! How about you guys?
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    The water is a good idea. I've been slacking on that. My goal is to resist temptation from other people to eat sweets. This weekend is going to be hard because it's the 4th, and that means all kinds of junk food.:grumble: