P90X

Options
leslturn8
leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
Hi, i tried looking at the old threads and hey its just beyond confusing!
Just asking what results you achieved? How fast did you achieve and how did you stay committed?
Was anyone around 5'6- 174lb/79 kilos?

Replies

• gbg49229
    gbg49229 Posts: 57
    Options
    I am in week 11 of regular, also did 30 days lean scedule to start.. have lost 0 pounds, but strength is thru the roof and inches fell off.. best advice measure and take pics each 30 days
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I finished the full round but I didn't follow the nutrition plan. I was probably eating too much b/c I didn't lose anything.

I did have some success with the program though. It really helped my running speed and I can do quite a few chin-ups and a few pull-ups now. I can do 20 push-ups (not on my knees). Things like that--NSVs.

I look different too. I have more muscle definition.

I'm going to do another round and try to be more careful about how much I'm eating. I still need to lower my body fat % and decrease my waist size.
  • terryswade
    terryswade Posts: 11
    Options
    I've been on the program for 2 years. I lost 30 lbs the first round. Stay with it. It's worth it. :smile:
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am in my last 2 weeks, so far I have not lost a single pound, I have however gone from a size 8 or 10 pant to a size 4 or 6! My profile pic was taken about 2 weeks ago so you can see i have some great definition in my arms (ther was zero before...lol)

My biggest advise is to lift your max, I wasted a lot of time lifing 10lbs and doing 15 reps. In reality on this program you are not going to get huge, so I would recommend you aim for no less that 15-20lbs and got for 8-10 reps.. Also if you cant do a pull up, or dont have a chin up bar, invest in a 50-60lbs resistance band to start, I was able to use this for the whole program just by backing up more to increase the resistance.

Also do what you can and never believe you cant do it.

My greatest success was last week when i actually completed a one hand pushup that i was proud of!

I did not follow the eating plan it was just too much for me, I did up my calorie to 15-1800 and make sure my protein is at least 100 per day.

If you put in the work you will see the results :)

After I am done this round i am taking a few weeks off to re-do some Juillian videos and then I plan on starting it again.

I wish you the best of luck :)