Is This An Ok Breakfast?

Options
here's what i had for breakfast

2 Slices Bunny Bread (Toasted
1 tbs Country Crock Calcium + Vitamin D butter
1 cup milk

is this a good breakfast or is there something i should add* to it.

*note: most of the time it will be before i head off to work. i usually start work at 8am and i have to leave around 7 or so to get there a little early.

Replies

• firepixie
    firepixie Posts: 65
    Options
    I would add a piece of fruit and some almond butter on the toast, just to round it out. :smile:
  • privatenike
    privatenike Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was gonna say the same thing...maybe just a piece of fruit and then either peanut butter, almond butter, etc on your toast instead of butter. Sounds really nutritous otherwise!
  • d5d14m66
    d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Add a couple of slices of fake bacon (Morningstar Farms) -- yummy!

http://www.morningstarfarms.com/product_detail.aspx?family=934&id=352
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    I agree with the previous posters, some protein in your breakfast will help keep you full longer and stabilize your blood sugar.
  • conmonja
    conmonja Posts: 28
    Options
    When I am in a hurry, I make a protien drink with a piece of fruit in it. The protien holds me until lunch and I can drink it on the way.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You could replace the butter with peanut butter for some protein. :)
  • Das_Modell
    Das_Modell Posts: 167
    Options
    what would be a really good kind of fruit for in the morning. i like a lot of different ones (Not much into pears, watermelon, grapefruit etc)
  • Das_Modell
    Options
    also idk another way to get enough calcium
  • WillyG
    WillyG Posts: 80
    Options
    I like to have a bananna for breakfast and a Danone DanActive yogurt drink . It's one of the few sources of calcium for me and they are tasty.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Black berries, or Blueberries are a fav of mine! high in antioxidants yummy and relatively low calories too! Ditch the butter, add a protein. 0% greek yogurt is great. 20 grams of protein 0 grams of fat! very satisfying and filling, you will not be hungry well into mid day! go with non fat milk! one slice bread not two
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Are you eating white bread? The bunny bread I grew up on was white and really had no nutritional value. If that's what you're eating I'd look for something whole grain. Even if you have to cut down to one piece. Some of the whole grain breads can be more in calories. But that one piece is more filling than two of the plain white bread.

You can eat any kind of fruit you like. Change it up so you don't get bored. I buy what's on sale or that I can pick. Tomorrow I'm going strawberry picking! YUM fresh berries!

I usually always eat one egg with a slice of whole grain toast for breakfast. The protein keeps me feeling full. Then I eat fruit for a mid morning snack. I know it sounds boring but I like eggs and it's easy.
  • Das_Modell
    Options
    the one thing i tired before was the egg mug breakfast but it didn't really keep me full til lunch :frown: it was good tho
  • ColinQ
    ColinQ Posts: 76
    Options
    I thought peanut butter was extremely fattening!!:noway:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter is high calorie, but used in moderation, it is a good source of protein and is actually pretty healthy. It's just a matter of using it 2 tablespoons at a time instead of 1/4 cup at a time. It's also probably gotten a bad wrap for what it's eaten with...I know I used to like mine pretty well in chocolate ice cream or reece cups....:tongue:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I would be starving if I ate that b-fast
    I usually eat about a 400 cal b-fast and pack in as much as possible
    I would also suggest adding in some fruit, maybe a small banana or apple.....and some yogurt (for around 100 cals) instead of the milk, but that is just my preference since drinking cals for me isn't as satisfying plus u can buy yogurt with added fiber, probiotics etc etc (anbd still get the calcium)
    I like to add is some string cheese or a small handful of nuts

Good luck, Kim
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I thought peanut butter was extremely fattening!!:noway:

It is fattening, but that is where the whole "good fat/bad fat" and moderation come into play. Nuts provide a healthy fat, the kid our body needs to function, and in fact what we need for our brains to make the thought process work.

I don't eat a lot of nut butters, but when i do, I usually go for almond butter or peanut butter with flax seed, for the extra fiber and "good fats". i also stick to 1 Tbl at a time.

To deny yourself lifes pleasures, is a good way to fall off the preverbial wagon in a really hard way! Moderation is everything~

Best of luck you all of you!

Ileana
  • ColinQ
    ColinQ Posts: 76
    Options
    :happy: phew a treat I can have:bigsmile:
  • sina1215
    sina1215 Posts: 7
    Options
    I agree with the others - you need to add more protein. You should try to eat within one hour of waking and then eat every three to four hours throughout the day. You should eat some source of protein at every meal - a piece of low fat cheese, yogurt, nuts, eggs, meat, protein shake, protein bar, etc. Good luck!:wink:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I agree with alot of the others. What your breakfast lacks is some good protein.

:drinker:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    here's what i had for breakfast

2 Slices Bunny Bread (Toasted
    1 tbs Country Crock Calcium + Vitamin D butter
    1 cup milk

is this a good breakfast or is there something i should add* to it.

*note: most of the time it will be before i head off to work. i usually start work at 8am and i have to leave around 7 or so to get there a little early.

Why white bread? It is fortified, which means it has nothing of nutritional value.........

Whole grain bread or sprouted grain breads are so much better for you, which a natural nut butter for protein, you will be a lot more satisfied a lot longer.