Is it possible with a broken leg?

Options
Hi... I have been a lurker here...and have just decided that I am going to do this. Problem is..I have a broken leg...my femur. I still cannot bear weight on it at all yet, so excercising is veryyy limited except what i do in pt. I would love some new friends here to help get me motivated and on the right track.

Replies

• stacey2a1
    stacey2a1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm sort of in the same boat, but have seen amazing results in just two weeks. I don't have a broken leg, but I get flu symptoms if I try to do an actual work out. So instead of work outs, I count calories. I've lost 6lbs in 2 weeks by counting calories and following the nutritional help and tips from fitness pal. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    Talking to a guy who worked with the disabled, he once said to me,
    " If you where in a wheel chair and the only thing you could do is move your neck, your exercise would be to move your neck."
    This has stuck with me.
    I am grateful that I am not disabled but have had operations that put me out of training for a while.
    Then all I could realistically do is walk, so I had to go for walks.
    Believe me it all helps.
    I am apprehensive about giving you precise exercises as its a pretty big break you have there, but if you can train around your injury,
    yes do it.