Is it possible with a broken leg?

Options
Hi... I have been a lurker here...and have just decided that I am going to do this. Problem is..I have a broken leg...my femur. I still cannot bear weight on it at all yet, so excercising is veryyy limited except what i do in pt. I would love some new friends here to help get me motivated and on the right track.

Replies

• gunlock11
    gunlock11 Posts: 6
    Options
    welcome to the community. =) The way I see it, there is nothing impossible except when you stopped trying and doing. small things done bit by bit piles up to become the mountain of accomplishment.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    It's calories in vs. calories out....If you can't work out you just can't eat as much. Welcome to the site and good luck. Feel free to add me if you would like (disclaimer in my profile)
  • cejubitz
    cejubitz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well your friendly PT folks will be the best ones to answer that! You're likely non-weight bearing, right? Do you have a cast or a brace that has to be on all the time? Or did you have internal fixation?

If you are able to do some weight bearing exercises and don't have a cast and stuff, maybe you could swim! Even if you can't, there are a lot of exercises that you can do while sitting or laying down. Perfect time to build your upper body strength, to help with mobility and transfers while your leg is healing.

Seriously, ask your physical therapist what they recommend.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    It's calories in vs. calories out....If you can't work out you just can't eat as much. Welcome to the site and good luck. Feel free to add me if you would like (disclaimer in my profile)
    ^^^^ This.... It's 80-90% about food and calories vs. exercise.. If you're able to limit your food intake, you will find success