Knee problems

Working in manufacturing at 475 pounds is very painfull on the back and knees and I wont be able to do it any longer if I dont get this weight off

Replies

• HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    gets easier as the weight comes off.

I had the worst knee pain ever from all the pressure of my weight.

once I dropped 45 lbs I noticed a huge difference.

The pain not completely gone but was definitely better.
  • pearsy67
    pearsy67 Posts: 104 Member
    I agree, you have to get the body weight off the knees. I have only dropped about 40lbs and my knees are thanking me. They might even throw a party in another 70lbs.

Doing some active leg strength work also helps, like the elliptical or bike etc.

Cheers
    Pearsy
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 420 Member
    My husband has bad knees and is trying to lose weight in order to get the go-ahead for knee surgery. It's a catch 22. Can't exercise to lose weight because your knees hurt and have to lose weight to relieve the pain.

Good luck to you. MFP is really making the difference for my hubbie and I. I'm sure you'll do fantastic.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    I also agree with the statements above. It will get better once it starts to come off!

I have knee problems in my family already before the weight issues. It has gotten so much easier on my knees since I have lost weight.

I would suggest doing workouts that are easy on the knees. The elliptical has been my best friend, and you may want to try swimming, which relieves a lot of that pressure.

Wishing you the best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • 1lindachristine
    1lindachristine Posts: 13 Member
    For people with lower limb problems you might want to try "Chair Exercise". I have done this and it actually makes my heart rate go up and modifying the exercises that make the knees/feet hurt is easy.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Welcome to MFP Kevin
    Be active in the forums & make some friends because it will help keep you accountable & motivated!
    Good luck with your goals! You have what it takes to do this!