Starving yourself...

Options
13»

Replies

• cmurray234
    cmurray234 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It really IS so tempting. This is the first time I've tried to lose weight without starving myself. I actually find myself having the following conversation with myself. "Cheryl, if you aren't hungry, you aren't going to lose weight". I have this conversation even when I DO lose weight, and you can imagine what it's like when I have a week where I stay the same.

But I know that starvation doesn't work. I mean, it WILL make you lose weight. I lose lots and lots of weight very quickly. But I only stay thin for as long as I'm starving. The moment I eat like a normal person (i.e. over 1000 calories a day) I swell and regain in a matter of months.

I've had enough of this. I'm willing to plug away at this for as long as it takes. I'd rather take 2 years to lose the weight and keep it off than lose, gain, lose, gain over the course of 15 years as I've been doing.
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    As long as you have fat then fasting is safe for a normal healthy adult.

The big problem i can see is eating tiny amounts each day, your body switches to burning fat, tiny meal your body burns it. switches to fat over and over.

when your body switches to burn fat it first must eat a little muscle until the process finishes.

really a fast is safer than tiny meals. the body evolved for feast and famon. Eat right or let your body do its thing.

this only applies if you have fat.

before people jump in yes i get anorexia is an eating disorder but we cant disregard an entire effective weight loss system because people with an illness abuse it.