Options
ashelt6
ashelt6 Posts: 76 Member
I never stick with any diets. Pleas help!:smile::smile: :wink:

Replies

• retunks
    retunks Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    you can add me as a friend. Been there myself. I'm on every day.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Me too. I'm motivated this time!
  • Malgorzata79
    Malgorzata79 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Margaret. I struggled through weight loss. I have lose 51 lbs and I feel more motivated more then ever.

You can add me as your friend. Also email me and tell me a little about yourself.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    add me if you wish, I log every day and have a open diary, this site has helped me tremendously and the people are great for support. Welcome!
  • Jentorres8814
    Jentorres8814 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend. I'm in the same boat lol WE can support eachother.
  • Belfastlassie
    Options
    Just a suggestion, don't be thinking of this as a diet. It is a new way of life, to make healthy lifestyle changes. Learning how much to eat, an what to eat, an exercise. Diets fail, life choices make a change in old habits. Best of luck with this, an if you want encouragement, I am on daily as well..
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me anyone that wants to :happy:
    im here everyday and my diary is always open x
  • ashelt6
    Options
    Thank you everyone! It is gonna be a tough road. I like food!
  • WhiteCloud9
    WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'll add you, too. Kinda needing some friends and support also.
  • chelsea_thatsme
    chelsea_thatsme Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just a suggestion, don't be thinking of this as a diet. It is a new way of life, to make healthy lifestyle changes. Learning how much to eat, an what to eat, an exercise. Diets fail, life choices make a change in old habits. Best of luck with this, an if you want encouragement, I am on daily as well..

pretty much what she said. diets are temporary. but you want to make changes in your lifestyle so you can be able to carry on the good habits throughout life and maintain the results.

i have been in your situation and what has helped me is to take one day at a time. it makes it a lot easier, personally.
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    Feel free to add me on this weight loss journey!!
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I did this ... so can you.

I welcome new friends !
  • redrover
    redrover Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Count me in too
  • Back2Basic
    Back2Basic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm trying to make a new lifestyle for myself. I hate diets!!
  • ashelt6
    Options
    I think it kinda helps to see the prgress others have made
  • mrnndj
    mrnndj Posts: 19
    Options
    I am in the same boat!! Just started this a few days ago and can use all the help I can.!!! Maybe with all the support offered here it will work for us this time!!! BTW I like food way to much also!! haha
    :laugh:
  • ashelt6
    Options
    I think that why most of us are here!:happy: But' we can love food and say no! I hope anyway.
  • LivingHealthyLovingLife
    Options
    I don't consider this a diet but rather a lifestyle change. I am always looking for new friends so please hit me up and we'll do this together.
  • twinmum1982
    twinmum1982 Posts: 31
    Options
    Add me if u like x
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    It's true- it's a lifestyle change and not an easy one! I too LOVE food and have a husband that cooks wonderful meals for me- it's hard to say no!! So instead of saying no, I trick myself - my mind- into saying later, or I'll "fit" that into my calorie budget for tomorrow.

Make small changes weekly that will equate into habits!!y
    Week one... come here daily for support and log in your meals.
    Week two... add more water to your day.
    Week three... review your first two weeks of eating to see where you can cut-out calories/ fat. (Cheese 2-3/week or Use Vinegar instead of dressing)
    Week four... add a veggie or salad to dinner, first!!

Make yourself a list of habits that you KNOW will make a change for the better in your life- goals. And give them target days. Don't overwhelm yourself and try to do it all today. ONE day at a time, One meal at a time, one hour at a time.

By eating often througout the day, you stay fuller and will be less likely to indulge.

Remeber to be good to yourself!! I'll open my food diary to be viewable by all, not just friends. That will keep me more accountable, eh!? :D

You can do it!! You've taken the first step.... you obvioiusly want it! So now take another. Log in your food.

Also.. when reaching for food.. ask yourself... Am I hungry!? If the answer is truly NO; then stop. It's hard to be that honest with yourself, but it's important. I'm still learning.