120 Lbs Lost in Six Months - You can do it!

Options

Replies

• beckybernardo
    beckybernardo Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story, You are an inspiration, thanks for sharing
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Fantastic and SO inspirational!! I have A LONG WAY to go and seeing the success you had is great for those of us who have a lot to lose. BTW, you look like a completely different person in the second picture. I also agree with the poster who said you look younger. Congrats!
  • elorei
    elorei Posts: 6
    Options
    Amazing transformation! What an inspiration!
  • lcashy
    lcashy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    switswooooooooooo you look good ;) xx
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Great job. I see this story is about a year old so obviously you have been able to keep it off and hopefully have added some lean muscle mass. The danger of losing weight as quickly as you did ... 20 lbs per month is a very fast (some would say dangerous) rate of loss... is that it often returns as fast as you got it off... Watch out ofr any pitfalls and stresses that can make you return to your former lifestyle. You did probably lose some muscle mass losing weight this quickly. Since your method of loss has been in a gym setting and since you are obviously a law enforcement officer, I trust that you have been focusing now on gaining muscle mass and maintaining a healthy body fat ratio.

I once lost about 90 lbs (260-170) but when a sudden unemployment came I reverted to my former lifestyle and the weight returned with a vengence. I have been back on the weight loss goal but this time am doing it just a little more slowly (averaging 12-13 lbs per month --at 52 y-0 it is probably better that way)... and my strength seems to be increasing by the slower weight loss... (I have gained resistance on all the machines I have been doing at the gym... I cannot say that about the last time I lost weight)..

Best wishes .. Thanks for the story.
  • jewol
    jewol Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great job! And excellent self-discipline. Not only do you look more fit. You look more youthful as well. Congratulations.
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the success, you look amazing! (And thanks for the job you do, from a fellow AZ resident!) :flowerforyou:
  • mikewpg1ca
    mikewpg1ca Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You are living proof that with a lot of hard work, dedication and tenacity people can accomplish their goals. Thanks for the story.
  • sarah_kalonji
    Options
    nice!!!!!!!!!
  • Veggiekebab
    Veggiekebab Posts: 10
    Options
    You look great... soooo much younger too :smile: I bet you feel like a million bucks :smile:
  • newata
    newata Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing and what a great thing for the sheriff's office to invest in!
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You look like a different person... younger and healthier!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!, younger, hot and confident! :drinker:
  • ladyduddy
    ladyduddy Posts: 21
    Options
    As others have said, you look amazing!! And like a different younger person - you must feel on top of the world!! Well done you, and I hope this story inspires many many others to change their life for the better. Congratulations on your dedication!
  • sbb7249
    sbb7249 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! Congrats!!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Wow you look SOOOO much younger!!! You look fantastic, great work =]
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    good job!
  • BabeedollB
    BabeedollB Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look amazing!!
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    well done
  • stasherella
    stasherella Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! That is amazing you look entirely like a different person. Great Job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!