Chocolate :)

Options
Is chocolate bad for your diet? :)

Replies

• chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Nope, if you eat nothing but chocolate at a deficit of 500 calories a day you will still lose fat or weight if that is your goal.

Now, to get cereal for a second; what kind of chocolate do you mean? Chocolate itself in the sense of the cacao bean is damn near a superfood, it's cocoa butter that is the bad part.

I eat dark chocolate (as pure as possible, usually 75% or so pure cacao) on the occasion and its great. Calorie wise it gets that chocolate craving gone for a relatively decent amount of calories. It's a good stimulant, has a good amount of minerals like iron, magnesium etc. Also tons of antioxidants n *kitten* etc.

In addition to that I'll put raw cacao powder in my smoothies, its good stuff.

Simmer some unsweetened almond or soy (if you swing that way) milk with some natural honey and dark chocolate or cacao powder and you can make yourself some hot cocoa; good *kitten*.
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    depends of what kind of chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • theLadidah
    theLadidah Posts: 8
    Options
    I think it most certainly depends on how much too - if you're a fan of a much sweeter, milk chocolate, then two squares every couple of days is probably not going to do you any harm at all - especially if you exercise a lot, so you can quickly burn through the sugars and stop it from clinging to thighs/hips/bum - as chocolate and cheese tend to do....!
  • leanandmean2012
    leanandmean2012 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

:) dark chocolate
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options

:) dark chocolate
    mmm.. lol:laugh:
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate daily. I've never felt better. :)
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Depends... does you diet consist of only chocolate? Because that might be a (delicious) problem. But a piece a day isn't going to hurt.. Plus it'll stop you from going overboard with cravings
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I eat chocolate and I lose weight. The trick for me is PORTION CONTROL, even if I have to weigh the chocolate on a food scale. If I don't eat the things I enjoy in moderation, I start to crave them to the point of ruining all the hard work I put into this new lifestyle.
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I wanted to find something to eat before my morning workout. It's really hard for me to eat in the morning so it's basically like force feeding. All the stuff I looked at was either to expensive or not enough protein.... Then I found low fat chocolate milk!! 9grams of protein, 180 calories for 8oz. The carbs are 33 and that might be a bit high but I'm thinking that could also be good for a workout! I've heard about it before but completely forgot!:tongue: yummy!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I have to have some form of chocolate everyday so I certainly would hope not. :P
    It's all about moderation. I keep daily treats because I tend to fail if I try to be strict most of the week with what I eat. But no, some might even argue that it's good for you. ;P occasionally. I think I might go have some now.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    The calories add up soooo quickly so depends if your good at portion control and how many other sugary things you eat! X
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Did someone say chocolate? Where is it? My bros told me I could get it here.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm going to need to confiscate that from you. Seriously, though, I have a square of chocolate almost every day. It's good for my sanity and my marriage. Both tread upon a thin wire and would fall apart without it. :wink: