Not sure whether to celebrate or be worried

Options
Okay on Sunday I weighed myself and was 252lbs and my waist was 46" I've just turned 50 so I was real worried. That was it I decided I needed to diet. Monday a friend told me about this site so I started using the food diary. I was pleased that I wasn't using all the allowed calories. We walk the dog each evening and this morning I went for a jog I estimate about a mile maybe slightly more. I weighed myself after and I am now 245lbs!!!! 7lbs in 3 days!! I:noway: :noway: am was really happy but now I'm wondering if that is to much too soon:noway: :ohwell:

Replies

• AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Dont be worried, I lost a lot of weight the first week, I believe most of it was stomach contents:laugh: from not over eating, some of it will be water. But you will probably find it will all settle down next week. I have been losing smaller amount consistantly since week 2. Give your body a chance to adjust. And don't forget to drink you water!:wink:
  • ColinQ
    ColinQ Posts: 76
    Options
    I've never drunk so much water in my life my eyeballs are starting to float!:noway: :drinker: I hope the weight loss doesn't slow down to quickly, i'd like to trim down for the beach in September:bigsmile: :glasses:
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Back to Colin, your body will get use to the water soon.I felt I was drinking to much water, but now I realise when I'm thirsty, I use to eat when I was thirsty before I think. I am really enjoying the clean feeling I get from it! Good work, keep it up!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Back to Colin, your body will get use to the water soon.I felt I was drinking to much water, but now I realise when I'm thirsty, I use to eat when I was thirsty before I think. I am really enjoying the clean feeling I get from it! Good work, keep it up!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I agree. I have always drank water, but when I started tracking, and making more of an effort to continuously drink throughout the day, it started getting annoying because I was going to the bathroom all the time. Now, I still drink about 6 or 7 32 oz classes of water at work, and then whatever I drink at the gym and home, and I am not running to the bathroom every 10 minutes like I was at first. Your body will adjust.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    To Colin....the first week can produce some crazy results, with a lot of water weight loss. But don't let that discourage you, you're on the right track. You'll probably slow down to an average of 1-2 pounds a week, but remember, slow and steady wins the race. Some weeks I lose 1, others I lose 3.....but it all averages out. Good luck!
  • ColinQ
    ColinQ Posts: 76
    Options
    Thats good news then, I was only expecting 1 - 2 pounds a week so half a stone was a shock:noway:
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 175 and I lost 6 lbs in one week when I joined this website, would not be worried. For some people most of the weight comes off in big numbers during the first two weeks.
    Congrats!
  • ninaellis
    ninaellis Posts: 60
    Options
    I started at 140 pounds & lost 9 pounds in the first 10 days!! :happy:

Since then I can't seem to shift it!!!:grumble: I only want to lose another 4 pounds! But maybe that's the way it is with the last bit???:ohwell:

I'm just sticking with it as like everyone says it's not a diet it's a change of life style. Even if I don't reach my goal weight, I know I'm eating healthily!:happy:

Sounds to me like you're doing a great job!!:smile:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    No worries, it happens and be happy! The first few weeks can see some rather large numbers and then you will taper off. The goal is NOT to get frustrated when you only see one or two pounds. Those are healthy numbers for long term weight loss and maintenance and any loss should be a happy moment! :flowerforyou:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Yuppers. I lost 9 lbs in the first week as well. It will slow down. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!