The Tummy Tuck Belt?

Options
Lisseth03
Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
Seriously, where do people come up with these things? I walk into the living room and my mom is watching television when this infomercial comes on. Basically it's telling you you wear this belt for ten minutes, put some lotion on your stomach and it will magically tuck in your stomach (wtf) THEN it has some guys testimony, "I worked out 4-5 times a week at my local fitness center, did cardio, little bit of weights and wasn't seeing any changes, then I tried this and it works"

I don't know why this bothers me so much, maybe because it's impossible for you to NOT change your lifestyle and just magically lose inches off your waist.
CMON ARE YOU KIDDING ME. biggest scam i've ever heard. bah!

Replies

• zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey it will sell I guess :happy: . Crazy! Can you imagine how many people are sitting at their TV eating a whopper with all of these devices strapped onto them? Its kinda funny.
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    i know, i feel bad for the people who buy into it.
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I also have a problem with the electric contracting belt thing. I mean come on. Although here recently the one that kills me the most is LIPOZENE. Clinically proven, yet no studies are available for review. Also the people they have extolling the benefits of it... "you can't do it alone, YOU JUST CAN'T! " Yeah right, if your not willing to actually work to change your lifestyle and eat properly, then you will probably FAIL regardless of your lipozene.
  • CStone17
    CStone17 Posts: 37
    Options
    Products like this are the result of that weird belief most people have that you can get in good shape (or anything, really) without ever being made uncomfortable. Eating less, denying your body the bad things it craves, getting up to go run in the cold... that's uncomfortable, so clearly there must be a better way. Spoiler alert: there isn't. We're so afraid of being uncomfortable these days that we think it's somehow a bad thing or wrong. Our shoes are better than ever before, our clothes are not so scratchy, we never have to be the wrong temperature for long, and we've basically conquered so many things we don't like that people think it follows that we should be able to get fit with no trouble.

This also pisses me off because people always ask "the secret," like I'm going to have some new information beyond what has always been known. The secret? I eat good food and I make my muscles burn. I *worked* for this. 50 pounds doesn't disappear because I wished it so.
  • eodtech89d
    eodtech89d Posts: 32
    Options
    You're telling me, I've lost all this weight using P90x and Insanity and all I had to do was buy a belt off of TV. Damn I should have taken the easy route:laugh: ..those things are such a joke. The one that kills me the most is the one that pretty much electrocutes you an forces you to contract your abs. I mean really, who says.. sign me up to get electrocuted? Last time I checked I can contract my abs for FREE and not get electrocuted. Thats what's wrong with society today, everybody want's something without putting in any effort, which is why being in awesome shape means a lot more to me since I had to bust my *kitten* for it
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    If it sounds EASY, then it's a scam. Losing weight and fat AIN'T that easy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition