NSV - My first half marathon!

Options
2»

Replies

• AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    What a terrific accomplishment. And totally awesome time. Congrats!!!!!

BTW, when I first read your post I thought you bought the car for finishing the race...wondered what you'd reward urself with for a full marathon :-D
  • drsteph01
    drsteph01 Posts: 82
    Options
    Way to go! I just finished my first half marathon a couple weeks ago. Such an amazing feeling crossing that finish line. Great time!!
  • sbarnes1963
    sbarnes1963 Posts: 12
    Options
    Awesome!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I think I ran a half marathon just so I could sport the car decal :laugh:
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I'm wanting to do this too! What kind of special training did you do to get ready for it?
    I used Hal Higdon's training plans to complete both a 15K in December, and the race today http://www.halhigdon.com/training/
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    You didn't buy the decal, you EARNED it... :)

Incredible job for your first Half and I am so jealous of your time.. mine was a much slower 3:11, but my only goal was to finish.

CONGRATS!

edit to add: I also used the Higdens trainer for my Half and LOVED IT.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Isn't it amazing, and the feeling is incredible!!

I ran my first 3 weeks ago, didn't get a decal (haven't seen them here in Australia tbh) but did get a tattoo (in my profile pic photos!)
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and that's a fantastic time!
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    That's an excellent NSV!

Well done! :drinker:
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Wanted to add that I got the race e-mail this morning with my 8 and 10 mile split times and overall position at the splits, and I passed 375 people between mile 8 and the finish line :bigsmile:
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is awesome!
  • brendanstallard
    brendanstallard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Agthorn,

It is really cool that you achieved your aims, (and no mention of injuries on the way, even cooler.)

As a retired professional photographer, I'd just like to say, I'd just about kill....(well, bruise a little,) for the ability to obtain that cheese eating grin you have on your face in the picture. That's brilliant, you look so excited you're about to take flight. Save that picture ALL your life.

Congratulations.

brendan
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! Congrats to you.

I have my first half on May 27th
  • catweazle12
    catweazle12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Brilliant well done - specially pleased you achieved goal one ;-)

Bit worried that in the pic, you are doing a Paula Radcliffe impersonation!! ;-)

LOL.... in my running group we say "pulling a Paula" not at the side of the road of course.... :laugh:

agthorn.... congratulations. I hope you realize that half marathons only lead to the full....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!